$3.30 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: Weird river shove

W

Wickedestjr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I apologize, but I do not remember many details about this hand. Villain has about 10k and I have about 9k. About two hours before money. Villain seemed pretty aggressive, he would bet pot a lot. Just by coincidence, I had raised his BB several times beforehand with legitimate holdings.

For this hand, I was CU with A8o, he was BB, and I again raised his BB. He called and we saw a flop of;

964r

Check check

9648r

Villain bet pot (1,160), I called

He shoves all in

?

Please help me figure out what the best move is in a spot like this.

A

Alexandru24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bet on the flop next time. in this hand, how is played fold on river.

therealslomo

therealslomo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I think betting the flop is a must. On the river you fold. No need to get crazy and worry about making a hero call.

beger80

beger80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A C-bet on the flop will likely get you a better idea of how to proceed as this flop either completely missed a decent BB calling range or hit him hard.
As played, his range is extremely polarized and you have a bluff catcher that is pretty week of one at that. His bluffing range could even include some week 9x suited hands that still beat you. If he has an "aggressive " range it couldit include small suited card that crush this board or flatting with 1010+ also. It is a pretty clear fold. With about 7500 chips behind and the blinds at what I deduce to be around 100-200 to 125-250 you leave yourself with 30BB and plenty of tournament to play. LIVE to see another hand here.

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, it's a fold. He is agressive but still can have a big hand.

W

Wickedestjr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I folded and he showed 32s. Is this just one of those situations where I can't catch him on a bluff?

A

Alexandru24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It wasn't worth it. In the long run calling there on the river is not profitable.

W

Wickedestjr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Okay thank you all for the advice. Tough spot, but I guess I have to let it go...

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bet flop here everytime, as played if i call turn i call river, but i'd need a read that he's gonna be bluffing a decent amount to make that play. But essentially we set ourselves up vs an aggro opponant to be outplayed on turns/rivers.

We likely have the best hand still on the flop, so we need to keep the aggression up vs aggression, as if they sense weakness they will likely bet on turn/rivers. Now if the flop was K 8 2 and we had say KQ, this would be a great spot vs an aggro player to check back flop and pick up bluffs on turns/rivers.

But fact remains we missed the flop, best and easiest way to play the hand is to just c-bet and go from there.

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cbet the flop as you already raised pre but as played you must fold the turn.