$3.25 NLHE STT: middle pair all in

2pearAAKK

2pearAAKK

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
eelecurbmai(BB) $4576 - VP:19 PFR:13 AF:2.0 W:67|83 STL:35|79 3B:11|50 CB:100|100 N:965 STK:+1 hands:78
nestum(BTN) $5170 - VP:21 PFR:21 AF:Inf. W:60|67 STL:52|93 3B:4|50 CB:100| N:-170 STK:+1 Hands:78
Me(SB) $3754 - VP:28 PFR:22 AF:2.5 W:33|75 STL:35|77 3B:10|0 CB:75|33 N:-795 STK:-2 Hands:78
Blinds-200\400

Pre Flop: Me(SB) with [Ks,7h]
nestum(BTN) folds, Me(SB) calls 200, eelecurbmai(BB) checks

Flop: (7s,4s,8d) (2 players)
Me(SB) bets 400, eelecurbmai(BB) raises 2400, Me(SB) raises 2929, eelecurbmai(BB) calls 929

Turn: (Jc)

River: (6h)

9handed on ACR. Something about the rr being so big.I had running outs,a over card so I figured to just gun it.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
shove this in preflop every time, no real reason to play tricky here vs a player who is playing considerably tight. in these low level STT jamming in the late game is by far your biggest weapon, shove nice and loose in these spots and you will make a ton of free monies. if this guy has played 19vpip all game, theres a big chance he's going to fold out like 75-85% of his hands here when we shove. If you know he folds that range you can comfortably shove ANY two cards in for 10 bb and make a profit in terms of $EV...

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
since this is the second hand i replied to and the other hand was similar. you will need to understand that STT is more about preflop shoving and folding ranges than it is about postflop plays. so start working on your preflop shoving ranges and calling ranges, think less about postflop plays and you should see a few things happening.

1. shorter game times on average, this seems a bit funny, but if you can shorter your ave game, you can play more per day, which means more rakeback and more of a chance to overcome short term variance.

2. easier decisions. this will mean you can play 1-2 more games at any one time, meaning more games played, overcoming shorterm variance easier and also more rakeback.

3. you take advantage of the general population tendancies in these $3 games, which is tight in calling ranges in the late game. so by shoving far looser and aggressive ranges, you will find you will pick up chips where you never thought it was possible or never occured that it was possible. So make use of the info, as picking up free money by making other players fold is one of the biggest things you can do to make money in lower STT games.

4. it's learnable. THere is plenty of free sites and info out there to learn ranges, you can get info for push/fold charts and how to adjust those charts in game. But basically theres a ton of free info on this subject, so get learning.

2pearAAKK

2pearAAKK

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
since this is the second hand i replied to and the other hand was similar. you will need to understand that STT is more about preflop shoving and folding ranges than it is about postflop plays. so start working on your preflop shoving ranges and calling ranges, think less about postflop plays and you should see a few things happening.

1. shorter game times on average, this seems a bit funny, but if you can shorter your ave game, you can play more per day, which means more rakeback and more of a chance to overcome short term variance.

2. easier decisions. this will mean you can play 1-2 more games at any one time, meaning more games played, overcoming shorterm variance easier and also more rakeback.

3. you take advantage of the general population tendancies in these $3 games, which is tight in calling ranges in the late game. so by shoving far looser and aggressive ranges, you will find you will pick up chips where you never thought it was possible or never occured that it was possible. So make use of the info, as picking up free money by making other players fold is one of the biggest things you can do to make money in lower STT games.

4. it's learnable. THere is plenty of free sites and info out there to learn ranges, you can get info for push/fold charts and how to adjust those charts in game. But basically theres a ton of free info on this subject, so get learning.
Thanks wiz on feedback.I'll pm tell u how i go about my system\use my br.

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Excellent analysis here. Here is a good shove/fold chart to base off of.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...6EZpWFSVB2U3Oscg4-B2_0xog/edit?hl=en_US#gid=2

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy shove here,no need to limp or wait for better hand against one opponent.

2pearAAKK

2pearAAKK

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last edited by a moderator:
E

erlanditas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You made mistake just calling there preflop, he also could catch better pair. Push all in preflop next time