$3.25 NLHE STT: A2 on bu suspious 3bet by chip leader.

2pearAAKK

2pearAAKK

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Me(SB) $3779 - VP:14 PFR:8 AF:2.0 W:80|50 STL:30|86 3B:0|50 CB:50|0 N:-4654 STK:-5 hands:59
ScottDevonKane(BB) $7614 - VP:32 PFR:20 AF:2.7 W:67|70 STL:67|67 3B:11| CB:100|0 N:6674 STK:+6 Hands:59
rukiddingme69(BTN) $2107 - VP:31 PFR:20 AF:3.0 W:62|63 STL:38|57 3B:10|100 CB:67|50 N:-200 STK:-1 Hands:59

Pre Flop: Me(SB) with [Ah,2d]
rukiddingme69(BTN) folds, Me(SB) raises 549, ScottDevonKane(BB) calls 399

Flop: (Td,2c,8s) (2 players)
Me(SB) bets 600, ScottDevonKane(BB) raises 1200, Me(SB) raises 2455, ScottDevonKane(BB) calls 1855

Turn: (Qc)

River: Ac (2 players)

-150\300 ante 25, 9 player sng on ACR.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
really akward to just open raise here. I would prefer either jamming it in preflop or limping and stabbing flops. i don't think raising could be bad, it's just really hard to do anything postflop..

as played, fold flop you have to respect stack sizes and position here and it's a flop that will hit his range more than yours in general. Once he raises he's almost always calling for our all in so we have to be really sure we're ahead by a very big margin as we are the most risk averse stack at the table.

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Shove pre, we have 7bbs effective and A2o, not exactly a hand that plays very well postflop and we can't really raise/fold to a shove here.

I would definitely be open shoving A2o in this spot on 15bbs (effective) or less.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We have right around 10bb effective here mr trent

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seems I misread stack sizes...

After looking over the hand in more detail, I would just fold preflop given the stack sizes due to ICM considerations and A2o doesn't play well vs the BB's calling ranges.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
folding here too often is pretty dangerous as we have the worst chip situation at the table. so for me, it's less about the holecards here and way more about the table situation we are presented with.

In terms of just open shove/folding, we have to shove through the big stack always, the other shorter stack may get walks from the bigger stack, and the smaller stack gets to shove into us.

Now reading opponant tendancies, both players seem on the looser side of things, but since this is a lower buyin i wouldnt expect either player to jam with wide enough ranges. So that means we can fold more spots like this as trent mentions.

Hopefully that clears up the ICM considerations trent mentions.

However i think there is still room to limp/stab the flop here against a lot of opponants, i would have tried it against this opponant earlier than the bubble, or had a read that would make me either do it or not do it. Jamming would have to be close to a profitable play here, but it would be very slim since we have a nice chip lead over the other stack, and we're facing the big chip leader, so overall i agree with folding, but can see cases for jamming if we have a really bad chip position ( for example, the BB is giving the other stack walks, and the smaller stack keeps jamming into us, which is the worst possible situation for us) or limp/stabbing flop if the villian will allow us to get away with it (this is a judgement call, just looking at his stats, it's probably not a great idea).

T

touchmytallalla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
only one option for me here - push. It is +Ev. Fold can also be the option but imho it is weak play. raise with this hand is the most bad variant cause this kind of hands has little postflop playability, especially with 10bb effective stack