T

TheShek

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 28/10/1

Hi,

Had a difficult spot with QQ this morning in the Million Dollar Sunday.

Villain raised 2.5x, I 3-bet 2.5x to 870, villain calls. Villains stats are pretty fishy, although only 38 hands so not much of a read.

Flop comes 9d8d2c. What's your move here? I'd like to generate some discussion on how others would play this hand in this spot against this opponent before I say how the hand played out.

Cheers

J

Jamuka7657

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why not bet on the flop with an overpair?

T

TheShek

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you bet the flop and you get raised, what do you do?

J

Jamuka7657

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I get raised with an overpair I would typically reraise/shove. It's a pretty strong hand.

A

Ambur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
stack size ? other players stacks ? how many people on the table? how many people left to act? which stage on tournament? is there any ante? etc...

D

daniel1990xd

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
the villain goes up to 850 although the truth does not say as soon as the blinds were or how much you've got on the flop or how much in your stack or the villain, lack information to tell you how to play or try to play it ...

T

TheShek

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry guys I'll add more info, PT4 is playing up and still getting used to posting hands. Haven't done it in a while.

D

dpoole71

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never am i folding an OP in this position if i get raised im calling and letting him hang himself on the turn when he misses a draw or thnks A10 is the best hand i feel people play different because its a 215 million dollar tournament but if it was a 10 dollar tournament what are you doing? probably trying to get it in on the flop youll never win the big one play differently or more scared you need chips to make it deep

T

TDTODDY

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree w/ dpoole, you have an over pair w/ an interested customer. I throw out a 3/4 pot bet and see where you are. Even if they raise, you can flat call and see the turn. The pressure will return to them and you have more info.

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im betting 40% flop esp if I 3bet pre

T

TheShek

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So stacks were deep. I can't find the hand but we were about 60bb deep. We had an SPR of about 3-4 on the flop.

The hand played out that my c-bet was raised on the flop, I decided to shove and he snap called with a set and I didn't get any help.

I agree with that I shouldn't change my playing style, he can have so many draws and some TPTK hands or pair plus draw hands which is why I went with it.

Had I decided to call the turn was the King of spades, and we then have less than a pot sized bet behind. Maybe I can get away from it, but since he didn't re-raise pre and I'm blocking some K combos, I'm not sure I could get away from the hand. Always sucks to lose in a big one.

S

Sorin Iliescu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bet, call if raise, then check the turn and if he bets, plan to fold the river if he bets; if i have position i fold the turn; this line can change according to the turn and river cards