$250 NLHE MTT Rebuy: Is it a shove?

C

ckahrs35

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So I find myself with about 20 BBs in the big blind. At this point in the tournament we are down from 162 entrants to 24 with the top 17 making it into day 2(not in money). UTG +1 makes a standard open of 3x. This player has been super passive aggressive playing somewhere around 35 to 40 percent of his holdings as he sits on about 120 BBs himself. Folds around to button, who makes a flat call, he also has about 20 BBs and is a very strong pro. Small blind folds and I look down at AQ of spades. I think for about 45 seconds and ship it. As I suspected the UTG+1 player insta folds, but the button snap calls and turns over aces. The board runs out clean for him and sends me packing. Is this a good play or do you think a flat call is necessary here. (The flop came king high no spades so I would have gotten away from it post flop)

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The strong pro is flatting with aces on the BU? Hmmm...

As for a jam, if you think UTG1 will fold, then certainly is a jam spot. BU range is probably going to be a lot of lesser hands the we have a ton of equity against, and that will probably fold as well. We pick up 6BB and feel good.

T

triceraatopp

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Its a shove for sure, many strong players will flat aces in late position when there is reshove stacks in the blinds but that said, that is just a tiny part of the range and you where just unlucky running in to the top of his range.

Ryan Laplante

Ryan Laplante

CardsChat Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very easy shove spot.

Unlucky spot!

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
Yes, I also agree with previous comments, it was a good shove. Not much to analyze here. Loose EP, open 3bb and another caller, so many reasons to go all in.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Easy shove, unfortunate/unlucky spot.

Also, drop that "if I had just called, I could've gotten away from a K high flop" thought. Just because you didn't get the desired results doesn't mean you made a bad decision.

C

ckahrs35

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks everyone for the feedback! Definitely makes me feel better!