Total posts
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 38/19/1

7 players left STT

Stacks in play:
UTG - UTG (T1,588)
UTG - UTG +1 (T2,095)
UTG3 - Hero (T1,764)

Preflop: (T225, 7 players) Hero is UTG3 with AQ, UTG opens T450 (3BB) UTG=1 calls T450 Hero calls T450, everyone else folds4 folds,

Flop: J♥3♦Q♠
UTG C-Bets T450 (T688 remaining)
Pot is now T2,025)

UTG +1 calls T450(T1195 remaining)
Pot is now T2,475

Hero holds TPTK AQ(T1314 remaining)
What should Hero do?
Call, Raise, Shove?

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With a stack to pot ratio of less than 1, I think you have to go with your hand.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Shove, because you allready have a top pair against a c-bet. The Q doesn`t seem to mean something more for your opponent, because if he had something better, he would bet more.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a preflop jam to me. When we call here we are calling roughly 25% of our stack so I do not see a reason to call 25% of our stack into two people anytime much less when we have a strong hand. I would jam knowing that I am going to get called since UTG and UTG +1 already have a significant portion of their stack in already but that is fine. I would expect AQ to be doing okay against the UTG range and should be beating UTG +1 range since he only called and did not shove over.

As played on the flop this is a no brainer jam to me. You have UTG which had less than a pot sized bet left and he only bet 40% of his remaining stack and you have UTG +1 which only called (same reason as preflop that I am thinking he has something but not too worried about it). Both of these players should not be afraid to jam if they have something strong on this flop with this SPR. That would make me feel very confident TPTK is good here and I can shove. Stacks are too small to try to get fancy with value extraction but better to just rip it. You will also get called by a lot worse if you jam here since both but at least UTG is pot committed.

thehangdude

thehangdude

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Shoving preflop would have nearly doubled you up had they folded. Just a thought.

I agree with the flop shove, and hope UTG doesn't have KK or JJ and UTG+1 doesn't have JQ. Use the fold equity before someone picks up their straight draw. Even so, I doubt they will fold with this pot size to stack ratio.

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With this SPR, I think you should shove at pre-flop, you will have EV+ in this situation. In case of calling at preflop, you can not fold when you hit top pair top kicker here. This is nearly top of your hit range. If you fold here, your fold range is almost everything except two pair or better. I think that will cost you in the long run. Besides, you still have 5 outs in case your opponents have KK. So a shove here is fine. And I doubt opponents will have a strong hand here when they just make a CBet too small. If I had a strong hand here, I mostly would made an all in CBet.

Last edited:
B

BobbySteel

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a preflop jam to me. When we call here we are calling roughly 25% of our stack so I do not see a reason to call 25% of our stack into two people anytime much less when we have a strong hand. I would jam knowing that I am going to get called since UTG and UTG +1 already have a significant portion of their stack in already but that is fine. I would expect AQ to be doing okay against the UTG range and should be beating UTG +1 range since he only called and did not shove over.

As played on the flop this is a no brainer jam to me. You have UTG which had less than a pot sized bet left and he only bet 40% of his remaining stack and you have UTG +1 which only called (same reason as preflop that I am thinking he has something but not too worried about it). Both of these players should not be afraid to jam if they have something strong on this flop with this SPR. That would make me feel very confident TPTK is good here and I can shove. Stacks are too small to try to get fancy with value extraction but better to just rip it. You will also get called by a lot worse if you jam here since both but at least UTG is pot committed.

I was thinking I should have shoved preflop. and I did shove after the C-bet and call, I was good until Villain sucked out a T to make their straight , they had AKo. Thanks for the input!!!

B

BobbySteel

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for the input folks, I can feel better that I did indeed make a good decision by shoving after C-bet. I should have shoved preflop which is what I was thinking and now those thoughts have been reinforced from the feedback here

THANKS!!!
daniel888
thehangdude
makisaa
Sidetracked

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With stacks this short this is an easy jam preflop, and an even easier jam on the flop. If you run into kings or aces, or if someone flopped a set or two pair, it just is, what it is.

Q

QA77

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In this situation its a clear jam. But should’ve just jammed preflop. You don’t have enough to just call and fold preflop.

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 38/19/1

7 players left STT

Stacks in play:
UTG - UTG (T1,588)
UTG - UTG +1 (T2,095)
UTG3 - Hero (T1,764)

Preflop: (T225, 7 players) Hero is UTG3 with AQ, UTG opens T450 (3BB) UTG=1 calls T450 Hero calls T450, everyone else folds4 folds,

Flop: J♥3♦Q♠
UTG C-Bets T450 (T688 remaining)
Pot is now T2,025)

UTG +1 calls T450(T1195 remaining)
Pot is now T2,475

Hero holds TPTK AQ(T1314 remaining)
What should Hero do?
Call, Raise, Shove?

Hello,

I believe with less than a pot size bet left it is a definite all in.