$.25 NLHE MTT: Hit set on flop; possible straight on turn; should I go all in

M

MrMoglin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This was level one of a 45 man sng so I had no reads on the people at my table. I apologise if I incorrectly converted the hand as this is my first post.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 9s, 9h
UTG raises to t40, Hero calls t40, 3 folds, CO calls t40, Button calls t40, SB calls t30, BB calls t20

Flop: (t267) 10s, 6c, 9d (6 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG bets t20, Hero raises to t180, 2 folds, SB calls t180, 1 fold, UTG calls t160

Turn: (t807) Kh (3 players)
SB bets t20, UTG calls t20, Hero raises to t360, SB calls t340, UTG raises to t1,239 (All-In), Hero raises to t1,515 (All-In), 1 fold

Was this a good play or should I of folded turn(as there was only one combination of cards I thought he would have that could beat me)

J

Jamuka7657

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's kinda tricky to guess ranges because people can call super wide at these low blind levels. I think you played it fine, it's possible they have a straight or better set, but they could also just have a decent pair or two pair.

Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a crying call but do expect to be behind a straight a lot of the time. The only reason I lean towards calling is because someone could be doing this with K9 or K10 and you you are not drawing dead.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm definitely fine with how you played it on every street. That doesn't mean we're always gonna be good here - far from it. It's fairly likely someone has a straight, but it's also possible no one does and we're good for now. Plus we are almost never drawing dead, although the worst case scenario is pretty bad (one guy has KT and one has a straight).