duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PokerStars - 600/1200 Ante 120 NL - Holdem - 9 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: 23.93 BB (VPIP: 27.27, PFR: 18.18, 3Bet Preflop: 33.33, hands: 11)
BB: 25.55 BB (VPIP: 12.82, PFR: 9.59, 3Bet Preflop: 1.79, Hands: 157)
UTG: 67.04 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 5)
UTG+1: 37.37 BB (VPIP: 24.75, PFR: 17.00, 3Bet Preflop: 5.56, Hands: 102)
Hero (MP): 81.11 BB
MP+1: 36.93 BB (VPIP: 23.20, PFR: 16.95, 3Bet Preflop: 5.77, Hands: 125)
MP+2: 6.42 BB (VPIP: 11.36, PFR: 9.76, 3Bet Preflop: 5.00, Hands: 44)
CO: 33.7 BB (VPIP: 20.00, PFR: 13.33, 3Bet Preflop: 12.50, Hands: 90)
BTN: 17.95 BB (VPIP: 27.27, PFR: 9.09, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 22)

9 players post ante of 0.1 BB, SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 2.4 BB) Hero has 5:spade: 6:spade:

fold, UTG+1 raises to 2 BB, Hero calls 2 BB, fold, fold, fold, BTN calls 2 BB, fold, fold

Flop: (8.4 BB, 3 players) Q:spade: 7:diamond: Q:heart:
UTG+1 checks, Hero bets 3.44 BB, fold, UTG+1 calls 3.44 BB

Turn: (15.29 BB, 2 players) K:diamond:
UTG+1 checks, Hero bets 9.94 BB, UTG+1 calls 9.94 BB

River: (35.16 BB, 2 players) 8:club:
UTG+1 checks, Hero bets 29.89 BB,

This hand is v a villain in a 22 progressive KO, and he has a bounty of approx 20 dollars.

Thoughts?

S

ssbn743

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PokerStars - 600/1200 Ante 120 NL - Holdem - 9 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: 23.93 BB (VPIP: 27.27, PFR: 18.18, 3Bet Preflop: 33.33, Hands: 11)
BB: 25.55 BB (VPIP: 12.82, PFR: 9.59, 3Bet Preflop: 1.79, Hands: 157)
UTG: 67.04 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 5)
UTG+1: 37.37 BB (VPIP: 24.75, PFR: 17.00, 3Bet Preflop: 5.56, Hands: 102)
Hero (MP): 81.11 BB
MP+1: 36.93 BB (VPIP: 23.20, PFR: 16.95, 3Bet Preflop: 5.77, Hands: 125)
MP+2: 6.42 BB (VPIP: 11.36, PFR: 9.76, 3Bet Preflop: 5.00, Hands: 44)
CO: 33.7 BB (VPIP: 20.00, PFR: 13.33, 3Bet Preflop: 12.50, Hands: 90)
BTN: 17.95 BB (VPIP: 27.27, PFR: 9.09, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 22)

9 players post ante of 0.1 BB, SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 2.4 BB) Hero has 5 6

fold, UTG+1 raises to 2 BB, Hero calls 2 BB, fold, fold, fold, BTN calls 2 BB, fold, fold

Flop: (8.4 BB, 3 players) Q 7 Q
UTG+1 checks, Hero bets 3.44 BB, fold, UTG+1 calls 3.44 BB

Turn: (15.29 BB, 2 players) K
UTG+1 checks, Hero bets 9.94 BB, UTG+1 calls 9.94 BB

River: (35.16 BB, 2 players) 8
UTG+1 checks, Hero bets 29.89 BB,

This hand is v a villain in a 22 progressive KO, and he has a bounty of approx 20 dollars.

Thoughts?

I am a live player, and I'm aware that there are many differences to to online genre. However, I think the overcall, from this position, against +1, is pretty light and prefer to just fold pre-flop. Really, I'm looking for 77/88+, T9s+, and some suited Broadways, AJ,AQ,KQ - and in this case, all set-mines are probably profitable as well, assuming there's not much 3-betting going on. So, IMO, the 56s is pretty light.

As played, I personally lean a little toward a delayed C-bet here, as that keeps all the Queens in our range, AQs, QJs, KQs, QTs, as well as the pretty unlikely 77. Additionally, we still have action behind and are going to hate just about every turn card.

I'm really not a big fan of continuing to fire ott, with the K hits, that cards smacks his range way better than ours. Seems like a way better line to D-Cbet the K if checked to again -albeit this doesn't factor in the buttons action very well. But, I also think it's perfectly acceptable (if the button bets the flop) to just fold. We only invested 2 BB's and got a really, really bad flop for our hand.

Not that I think as played isn't profitable, it likely is, I just think there are better spots, where we actually have some equity.

I would also prefer that we pick a size and stick with it. If it's 1/3 pot, then it's 1/3 on all streets (unless some super wet card, or super dry card, changes things drastically). I'm not a huge fan of the 2/5, 2/3, 3/4+ sizing. Maybe this is an online thing, but if it were in a live game, I'd be putting you on a pot buy - still might be tough to pull the trigger, but I think my Spidy-sense would be tingling.

My guess is that you get looked up by a Queen here, maybe AK. Yeah probably a weak Queen, Q9, QT, QJ. Or, did you earn the fold?

Y

yoejslattery

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would be worried he has you beat. He just smacks of being strong and letting you just bluff into him. However, if you are going to go for it with that hand then I think you obviously have to go for it on the river. One bad part about your bluff is you don't block any hand combos for him either.

lackerboy

lackerboy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't see the point of continuing the post-flop game. The hero himself created the situation and most likely doubled the guy on utg+1

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Call pre is terrible. This is not cash games where you are 100bb+ deep and there is no antes and no worries about survival. In MTTs you should favor 3betting 65s versus flat calling it, especially with multiple rejam stacks behind. 98s/T8s/J9s/JTs/T9s are much better candidates for flat calling.

Flop bet is good. We have BDSD/BFDF and are in position.

Turn bet is optimistic, if you are firing turn you should plan to fire non K/Q rivers. Important to note AK and whatever freq V checks KK on this flop are the only hands in V's range that improve, although the # of KQ combos (prob the most combos of your flat calling range compared to any other hands) is reduced. Against a fish I am much more inclined to bet this than vs a reg, although I'd rather run a bluff here with JT, AT, T9.

River - You have a lot of heart.

S

ssbn743

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’m going to have to take a few issues with your post –sorry

Call pre is terrible. This is not cash games where you are 100bb+ deep and there is no antes and no worries about survival. In MTTs you should favor 3betting 65s versus flat calling it, especially with multiple rejam stacks behind. 98s/T8s/J9s/JTs/T9s are much better candidates for flat calling.

Terrible? Really? Terrible is a strong word here, he called a min-click. I think I agree with a fold, but terrible? Hmmm…

Flop bet is good. We have BDSD/BFDF and are in position.

What? We still have the button to deal with, and back door draws, even two of them, typically aren’t “Oh, yeah…I’m all-in” hands./
Turn bet is optimistic, if you are firing turn you should plan to fire non K/Q rivers. Important to note AK and whatever freq V checks KK on this flop are the only hands in V's range that improve, although the # of KQ combos (prob the most combos of your flat calling range compared to any other hands) is reduced. Against a fish I am much more inclined to bet this than vs a reg, although I'd rather run a bluff here with JT, AT, T9.

River - You have a lot of heart.

It’s pretty clear that he knows what he’s doing – he’s playing his hand a 3-street bluff from the start.

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’m going to have to take a few issues with your post –sorry

Terrible? Really? Terrible is a strong word here, he called a min-click. I think I agree with a fold, but terrible? Hmmm…

What? We still have the button to deal with, and back door draws, even two of them, typically aren’t “Oh, yeah…I’m all-in” hands./
It’s pretty clear that he knows what he’s doing – he’s playing his hand a 3-street bluff from the start.
Yes it is terrible. Playing 37bb eff against an UTG+1 open with multiple rejam stacks behind, flatting 65s is the worst option here. If UTG+1 is a reg, which their HUD stats indicate over a small sample, then flatting here is even worse. You don't make money in MTTs by giving your opponent(s) all the leverage.

We are in position against the original raiser is what I meant. On a paired, dry, board such as Q7Qr, our best candidates to bluff are hands such as bdfd/bdsd, as they are the closest to any "draws" we can have on such a dry flop.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Did you miss the fact its a PKO?

S

ssbn743

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Did you miss the fact its a PKO?

I did miss that, I did. For the record, I don't think I've ever played a PKO, definitely played Bounty events, but the PKO concept is new to me.

I don't see that PKO information in the HH though, in that I don't see the individual bounty information, so that may be a large factor. However, just as a default I would say the our opponents have an equal incentive, or perhaps greater than equal, to knock-us out and would tend to avoid near 0% equity 3-street bluffs.

I don't know, I know nothing about PKO - interesting concept, but it seems that our bluffs have to work more often than normal.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I did miss that, I did. For the record, I don't think I've ever played a PKO, definitely played Bounty events, but the PKO concept is new to me.

I don't see that PKO information in the HH though, in that I don't see the individual bounty information, so that may be a large factor. However, just as a default I would say the our opponents have an equal incentive, or perhaps greater than equal, to knock-us out and would tend to avoid near 0% equity 3-street bluffs.

I don't know, I know nothing about PKO - interesting concept, but it seems that our bluffs have to work more often than normal.

I only supplied the relevant player. but people wont shove as wide since we call wider. For point of reference the player in question has 20 bounty which is roughly 4 times starting and approx 1 buyin.

None of that motivates postflop of course. But it does mean that preflop is not obv terrible. It also worth noting that we cover the table substantially so they cant win our bounty, but we potentially win theirs.