Jgreenwolf: raises all-in 12,422
paniuxaj sam: pulls back uncalled bet 6,270

S

scarsam

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would lean towards folding most of the times since you still have around 20BB left and villains hand looks very strong to me. Seems to me he doesn't want to drive you out of the pot, so he just calls to trap, and you do exactly what he wants here and raise him, then he does wanted to happen from the start, which is getting all his chips in. Best case scenario he has a low to medium pocket pair and you're flipping. If he would havr a hand like a weak ace, i think he would be shoving to begin with to maybe get you to fold. Ofcourse it's hard to know what his tendencies are since he just got dealt in on your table. Looking forward to different opinions!

jgreenman18

jgreenman18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks I just don't know like does the avg villain shove like kqs or a8+ there I thought he might

D

Dwarf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The limp, 3bet shove - it's crazy strong and considering this is the second hand you've seen at the table... I cant imagine villain thinks you defend wide.

He most likely thought:
"Well I'm gonna get no value for my QQ+ hand most likely if I open... so I will Limp"

Villain Limps,

You raise.

Villain: "Oh he might actually have a hand here!!! Maybe I can shove and get called"

Villain shoves.

S

scarsam

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Also you should consider that villain has 30+ BB, why would he shove a hand like A8? Even if he would, he needs to shove instantly to get some fold equity too. Lastly i would also consider how close the money is, most people will be afraid to bust close to the money, and therefore only play premium hands.

jgreenman18

jgreenman18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If In this same hand I have JJ or 1010 do you think then it becomes a call

S

scarsam

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If i have 20BB i wouldn't do it automatically since there is a big chance you're still flipping if he has AQ+, and if he has QQ+ you're obviously in bad shape.

jgreenman18

jgreenman18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mean isn't it very possible for him to limp and then jam with a hand like 55 honestly with that hands it's an aggro line but like I could see merit too it

S

scarsam

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know, that seems very weird to me if you have 30BB, that's putting your tournament life on the line in what is probably going to be a flip. Jamming a low pocket pair is only the right play if you have like 10BB and then you don't limp first. Ofcourse, there is always a possibility that he has something like that, but in general, if you don't have any reads, i would not assume it.

jgreenman18

jgreenman18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mean isn't it very possible for him to limp and then jam with a hand like 55 honestly with that hands it's an aggro line but like I could see merit too it

S

scarsam

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
That's the exact same thing you just asked but okay, no it's not very possible. Possible, yes, not very possible.

jgreenman18

jgreenman18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My fault it was very similar reading back thank you for the help

D

Dwarf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My fault it was very similar reading back thank you for the help

I think your biggest problem in even attempting to make this call is

1) This is your second hand at the table
2) Villain is in the small blind.

You therefore will get to this spot again and again. You need more information, and you will get more information, Quickly. You will also have position on him every remaining hand except for when you are the small blind.

If you can determine that he is a manic aggro - then its an easy call. You can't right now, it should be a fold.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Folding in Poker