$22 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked Rebuy: KQ sitting In 4th place 10 away from ITM

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes, I do these moves, because they seem to be good moves. I know P.O has told me enough times, consider ICM (I Just can't help It). I try and Identify when/where to make such moves and vs whom. Most times It works, but the times It doesn't I look like an baboon, lol. I want to know 1 thing, was my move decent. I mean I know It was close to the money, and that a SS Just open limped, and 2 others have flatted. So I kinda figured by shoving A)Into a SS, that this move would actually be seen as being stronger holdings than I actually had. B) I didn't give a damn had I lost to the SS, but It's the others I was worried about.
So was my shove really horrible? Not many of the moves I make erk me the wrong way, but this one I haven't been able to shake of, and I don't know why that Is.

Merge No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t/t Blinds - 8 players - View hand 2871765
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG+1: t39325 1 BBs - VPIP: 29, PFR: 14, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, hands: 7
MP1: t10408 1 BBs - VPIP: 17, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 6
MP2: t28236 1 BBs - VPIP: 23, PFR: 2, 3B: 4, AF: 1.3, Hands: 57
CO: t17680 1 BBs - VPIP: 14, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 7
BTN: t42939 1 BBs - VPIP: 24, PFR: 20, 3B: 8, AF: 1.0, Hands: 25
Hero (SB): t20945 1 BBs -
BB: t12950 1 BBs - VPIP: 29, PFR: 29, 3B: 0, AF: 1.0, Hands: 7
UTG: t5380 1 BBs - VPIP: 40, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 5

Pre Flop: (t0) Hero is SB with K :spade: Q :club:
UTG calls t0, 1 fold, MP1 calls t0, MP2 calls t0, 2 folds, Hero raises to t20465, 1 fold, UTG calls t5380 all in, 1 fold, MP2 calls t20465

Flop: (t46310) T :diamond: 3 :spade: 5 :diamond: (3 players - 1 is all in)

Turn: (t46310) 7 :heart: (3 players - 1 is all in)

River: (t46310) 5 :heart: (3 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: t46310
MP2 shows 9 :heart: A :heart:
Hero shows K :spade: Q :club:
UTG shows 8 :heart: 8 :club:
UTG wins t18140
MP2 wins t31130
(Rake: t-2960)

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LOL, just noticed you can't see blinds. Yet they were 400/800, don't recall the ante though

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A)Into a SS, that this move would actually be seen as being stronger holdings than I actually had.

In these tournaments, this will almost never be the case. If it was a $5K buy-in live tournament then maybe. The huge majority of players at this level will see this as a steal attempt with just the kind of hand you have.

J

Jako7600

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely not a necessary move with your stack size. Just call and see a flop. Why on earth mp2 called with A9 beats me though

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
. I know P.O has told me enough times, consider ICM (I Just can't help It).

I've seen you blow spots where there's a huge payout difference with a number of ss's on table, & you're just dumping equity to the other players.
ie. the CC PP game the other day... I could be wrong as I didn't witness any of the play (didn't see any of the hands)... but had seen you sitting with big stack ~4 players left, you and another with large stacks vs. two others on short ones... and the payout for that one is HUGE for 1st & 2nd (& 'flat' ... as in they both get the SAME... so there's ZERO benefit to accumulate vs. just getting to heads up).... but then saw you'd busted out of the top2 spots later on.

I jumped to the conclusion > looks like another ICM spew by Abdi again. Guess he "can't help it". << can't help it is just an excuse to not get educated on ICM & making 'winning' adjustments. You're giving away money in these spots. (imagine being the guy on shortish stack... watching one of the big stacks getting into it cuz he can't put on brakes, picking ICM spew spots... & to his delight he watches them spew off their stack, putting them in a great position to take down the big prize! < this guy has to do nothing... it's like you're doing it for him.

Delvuter

Delvuter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love when the big stack does that! The one with the biggest stack early is very often not hardly the best player. Wait for them to explode with a mediocre hand and be there to pick up the pieces with the better hand.

vic88888

vic88888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think many people if the chance presented itself would have probably done the same. There is a difference between kq and 72. At least you can say that you played one the possible best hands and list vs playing perhaps a 72. People lose with pocket AA, kk, and qq. There will always be another game around the corner.

Delvuter

Delvuter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think many people if the chance presented itself would have probably done the same. There is a difference between kq and 72. At least you can say that you played one the possible best hands and list vs playing perhaps a 72. People lose with pocket AA, kk, and qq. There will always be another game around the corner.

That is fishy thinking out loud right there.

T

Tomasz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello good range to play reshoove ftom SB in this spot is 99+,AQo+

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can't see anything about the prize structure to make ICM a huge factor here. maybe it would be if I saw the payouts.

provided that we are in the mid stages of they tourney and still need to accumulate I think this move is OK but totally optional. Your stack size is the right size for this (maybe just a touch too big; but basically fine). You rate to pick up the whole pot quite often and to race vs. the short stack with dead money a lot of the time; which is also a fine result. A9 should absolutely not be calling here! even AJ should find a fold in this spot, IMO. So, you're fold equity is the thing that makes this move profitable. If you know you're playing with stations who are "in for a penny, in for a pound" then the jam is unwise.

For me, though I tend to highly value my post flop skills and KQ is a hand that plays nicely post flop. I'd rather not inflate a huge pot with marginal holdings and allow less skilled opponents to "flip" against me. I generally feel that I can usually do better than 50% by outplaying people so I try not to flip. If I'm at a tough table I'm happy to flip though. Often, this will be a profitable flip with some dead money and some fold equity.

If you are less confident in your post flop skills, then I would say that this is a good move and the jam is actually better than flatting because it might be tricky for you to play a 4 way pot out of position with a hand that is pretty good but not great preflop.

In general, you will get farther in tournaments by accumulating chips without risking your whole stack. of course in tourneys you can't avoid flipping completely, but this flip could surely be avoided. For me, it all hinges on payouts and post flop skill of Hero.