$215 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: Sunday Million elimination

theboss

theboss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Mexican player , Victor Chuch looked like he was trying to steal when 3betting pre. I flatted with JJ , unfortunatelly flopped a set which was a game over...

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It was more of a squeeze play.

Had he been squeezing/3betting a lot?

theboss

theboss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not that much. But since I had been raising a lot from MP and i got a call from the button and sb called too , the huge reraise looked like an attempt to steal or like AK or AQs. More unlikely it would be something like AA , KK or QQ. When the flop came KQJ I thought i was good. Could not put him on 910o...
Not 4betting pre I think was a mistake

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
heads up I think it's OK to flat in position if you think he is stealing/3betting light.

But in a multiway pot where nobody has shown much strength (except the guy you suspect of not having a premium hand) I think the pot is now valuable enough to just take it down now by 4bet jamming. the 2 flatters will nearly always fold. You will often get called by the AK of the 3bettor....but that's an OK outcome with the dead money and when you figure that some of the players may be sharing outs.

I think his most likely range is something like 99-AA and AQ/AK and an occasional bluff. (10% of the time he's bluffing?) but even vs. that relatively tight range you still have 10% fold equity plus 51% equity when called so given the dead money it's fine. You gotta win flips in tourneys. Dead money plus fold equity just makes it an easier push, and therefore the ideal line, IMO.

T

Tomasz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello

You keep very good hand to the double up , 50 bb deep always go straight forward preflop , playing with big stacks , if you 4-bet you must go all in , 4-bet/fold is nonsens , call mini squeeze >>> so good odds for the villains after you , in this situation i have no fears , i thin i have the best hand and i play insta re-soove

theboss

theboss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
heads up I think it's OK to flat in position if you think he is stealing/3betting light.

But in a multiway pot where nobody has shown much strength (except the guy you suspect of not having a premium hand) I think the pot is now valuable enough to just take it down now by 4bet jamming. the 2 flatters will nearly always fold. You will often get called by the AK of the 3bettor....but that's an OK outcome with the dead money and when you figure that some of the players may be sharing outs.

I think his most likely range is something like 99-AA and AQ/AK and an occasional bluff. (10% of the time he's bluffing?) but even vs. that relatively tight range you still have 10% fold equity plus 51% equity when called so given the dead money it's fine. You gotta win flips in tourneys. Dead money plus fold equity just makes it an easier push, and therefore the ideal line, IMO.
Thats what I thought. I should have gone all in pre