$200 NLHE MTT: satellite decision

K

kanselau

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
10 runners left, 4 tickets worth $1100 5th $660

Blinds are 1k 2k blinds go up every 15 min will go up in 5 min.

villain is a passive , loose fish , couple hands before called an allin for 15BB and tornament life with Q10s against early pos player. Shoved earlier 20bb with AQ UTG.

I have $40k , vilain has 41K table has stacks 3 players with just over 20k ,
rest of the table has between 15-20k , 1 short stack has 9K.

UTG short stack with 9k ships it , seat 6 villain goes all in for $41k , we look down a see KK. ?

danndourado

danndourado

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Call. No way to fold KK against a loose fish! OMG!

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Too many players left and your M is too small, you reshove KK here.

K

kanselau

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Too many players left and your M is too small, you reshove KK here.

would it make any differance for you with different villains , except supernits ofcouse when you know they have AA.?

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only if I was like +90% sure that the over-shove villain had AA would I be able to lay KK down in this case, I'd probably also gii with JJ/QQ against randoms and TT+,AK/AQ against spazzs. Stacks are too flat, IMHO there is no way to fold into the $$, a stack of $100K at this point get in the $$

K

kanselau

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only if I was like +90% sure that the over-shove villain had AA would I be able to lay KK down in this case, I'd probably also gii with JJ/QQ against randoms and TT+,AK/AQ against spazzs. Stacks are too flat, IMHO there is no way to fold into the $$, a stack of $100K at this point get in the $$

Yea i think your correct in your analysis , the M is way short .
I have posted this hand to see if there is any factors we can ever find a fold.

Factors i considered were :
1. we have a decent edge over the rest off the table.
2. the M is small but everyone else at the table has the same problem with even smaller M's
3. the table is really tight , blinds are getting passed around any min raise is getting folds.
4. we have a big stack compared to the rest of the table and are able to take advantage of medium tight stacks to our left and build our stack gradually and keep up with the blinds.

Anyway didnt take me long to reshove - UTG had 99 hit a set on the flop
villain wakes up with AA. Busto

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
4. we have a big stack compared to the rest of the table and are able to take advantage of medium tight stacks to our left and build our stack gradually and keep up with the blinds.

Not really, T$40K vs T$20K is not, IMHO, a big stack, now T$80K would be a big stack.

With blinds going up soon your M will be less than 10 so how long can you hold off playing a big starting hand? At this point in the satty you are going to get it AI at least twice before the $$.

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
+1 to Jilly, this is a call.

With just 20bb and still being 6 off the seat, we are not guaranteed anything and should be happy to call off here. We are crushing the big stack's range and pretty much lock a seat if we hold up with kings here.

Poker Tells