£200 NLHE MTT: Early stage BB preflop shove or not with AQo facing UTG raiser and multiple callers

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
£200 NLHE MTT: Early stage BB preflop shove or not with AQo facing UTG raiser and multiple callers

Live MTT, early-mid stage, full ring, rebuy is available, clock 40 mins
and blind rising slowly

UTG+1 (TAG) raised to 3BB and got 5 callers (2 TAG, 1 tight passive, 1 LAG, 1 no info). BB (Hero) was dealt AQo, TAG image

Effective stack is around 30BB

Would you shove? I would do so with AKs,JJ+

Hero folded. Flop was 9c8c6d. UTG+2 pushed all-in immediately and claimed she flopped a set with 66

mitchy boi

mitchy boi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
and blind rising slowly

UTG+1 (TAG) raised to 3BB and got 5 callers (2 TAG, 1 tight passive, 1 LAG, 1 no info). BB (Hero) was dealt AQo, TAG image

Hero folded. Flop was 9c8c6d. UTG+2 pushed all-in immediately and claimed she flopped a set with 66

Things to consider..

Would any of those players behind flat with AKo?
When you say TAG how many hands it that over?
How "experienced " are they what level are they on ?
How often do any of them fold to 4 bet?

Personally i'd fold at this stage from the info you've given

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Things to consider..

Would any of those players behind flat with AKo?
When you say TAG how many hands it that over?
How "experienced " are they what level are they on ?
How often do any of them fold to 4 bet?

Personally i'd fold at this stage from the info you've given

1. Yes but only the tight passive one, she did flat AKs earlier
2. >100 hands
3. Hard to generalize here. The TAGs are solid and accumulating chips.
4. No one has 4bet before.

I get your point here , UTG+1 (TAG), UTG+2 (tight passive) could have called my shove with better hands. BTN (LAG) probably would also if he has mid pocket pair when others folded.

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This one hits the muck as Im cussing to myself,

But if youre feeling it, SHOVE 30bb (pot is already like 12bb right) with all that action, dont just call cause you might as well fold then

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a snap shove. The only uncapped range here is UTG+1 so unless UTG+1 is an ultra super mega nit I'm snap shipping and not thinking twice about it. It's highly doubtful that any of the flatters are holding AK and you block some combos of that anyway. If UTG+1 has you, you can rebuy but we are getting a worst scenario flip against all 5 flatters which is super profitable with all the dead money in the pot and a spot I would not pass up especially during a rebuy period. Folding here is WAY too nitty

A

Ambur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With information you provide there is actually not possible to make good advanced analyse. Sorry.

But some questions maybe will help hero pick a line on preflop which i would ask myself: How loose have been the table overall half hour? And rebuy is available, so i have real reason to believe UTG1 might bet little bit wider then he/she should.

I am goin AI preflop (in general).

Ryan Laplante

Ryan Laplante

CardsChat Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
and blind rising slowly

Happy shove.

If UTG is very very nitty we can defend our bb instead, but id shove here 95%+ of the time with AQ.

I woupd shove very very loose here generally.