$200 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: TT vs AA

bmw1983kaz

bmw1983kaz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Situation:

Early in an online tournament. The big blind, with $2,200 is a wild and aggressive player who likes to get in a pot and raise with anything. Player on the button, with $980 in chips seems solid and tight. My hand: T ♥ T ♣ and I'm sitting in 3rd position, with $910 in chips. UTG and UTG +1 both fold. I raised it to $60. Players seated in 4th and 5th position both fold, the button calls. The small blind folds and the big blind calls for another $40. The pot is now $190.

Flop: 8 ♣ 7 ♠ 6 ♣

I raise it $160. Player on the button calls, and the big blind folds. The pot is now $ 510.

Fourth Street: T ♦

I raise it $200, and Player on the button calls. The pot is now $ 910.

Fifth Street: 4 ♦

I go all-in for $490, and he calls, showing down a pair of aces. I win the pot.

Yes I won the pot but did I play it right?

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think your play on the pre and on the flop was perfect but you could have bet out a little less on the flop in my opinion.

The ten on the turn is not the best of cards if the guy had a open end straight draw on the flop. You do have a lot of ways of winning the pot on the river if you are beat so I think checking behind might not be the worst of ideas here but I would have bet out as well. I do love your bet size here.

On the river I would have checked behind. When you really look at how this hand played out what are you beating if you are called for the most part.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop and flop are fine imo.

I'm not a fan of your turn bet though. I think it creates a bit of a weird spot where we don't get called by worse very often. Most of the worse hands on the flop have either improved, or hate the turn card. I wouldn't have ever put overpairs in his range on the flop aside from 99, and we don't beat that anymore.

The one thing I could see is betting kind of small to allow two pair or sets that he somehow didn't raise flop with to now call to try to improve to a boat. Then if we boat up on the river we can go for the kill, and if not we can check, likely to check/fold.

The only thing that sort of mucks this up is the frontdoor flush draw. So maybe we can check/evaluate river and sometimes pick off missed draws.

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Situation:

Early in an online tournament. The big blind, with $2,200 is a wild and aggressive player who likes to get in a pot and raise with anything. Player on the button, with $980 in chips seems solid and tight. My hand: T ♥ T ♣ and I'm sitting in 3rd position, with $910 in chips. UTG and UTG +1 both fold. I raised it to $60. Players seated in 4th and 5th position both fold, the button calls. The small blind folds and the big blind calls for another $40. The pot is now $190.

I raise it $160. Player on the button calls, and the big blind folds. The pot is now $ 510.

Hello,

Maybe a more than half pot bet on the turn. 200 into 500 looks like your trying to milk chips from villian with the nuts. Besides that you played well. Double up vs aces is a good day.

VovanBaron

VovanBaron

RiddlesInTheShadow
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Situation:

Thats very good play and I think you got max value from the hand, flop bet is great cause you have also a gutshot and you should defend you TT so nicely.Turn and river is good too espessially va oppo range .Good play and nice win

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He could have made life tough for you on that turn by putting you to the test, but he didn't.

I don't like his play. Your play is aggro but OK.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will start off of by saying that we are not really deep stacked here. We start the hand with 45 BB or so. If this hand were to have an effective stack of 100BB or more it would or should play a lot differently in my opinion. The raise pre flop is good but I do think the sizing on the flop is debatable. I dont think too many draws, overpairs (which I would not have put them on), sets, two pairs or even 8xs that are in his range will be folding here often. I would like a sizing that is more like 110 or so. Its enough to give a draw the wrong odds and will add flexibility in later streets (this is really big on the turn coming up).

On the turn as played I think you have to bet here since we dont want clubs to see a free river and we would wouldnt want two pair or a less set to get away clean on this hand. Know that if your opponent does have a set here and a club comes on the river you probably both check and it becomes an action killer. Since we should bet here we have to look at the size of the pot and what we have left. We have 690 left with a pot size of 510. A bet of anything less than half pot here will not accomplish much except get value from sets and two pair hands. It will not make a draw fold therefore since the hands we target for value are strong I think we just put it in here given the SPR is 1.4 to 1. Yes I am a little afraid the villain got there but if he did I still have 10 boat outs on the river. I dont like a check, I dont like a small bet and any bet that would be enough to get the job done commits us anyway so I am going with it here and jamming. I dont love the jam but worse case scenario I still got 20% chance to win and if he has a strong but second best hand like a set or two pairs he is calling.