$200 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: Set over Runner Runner flush : good call?

S

Shaky_Phil

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
$200 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: Check Shove and I have a set, my move?

HAND : http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/8557596

(Average stack is 144k)

Villain : Loose aggressive who plays 60% of hands

When he checked-shuv : I tanked for a while thinking that he could easily overvalue 2 pair or top pair top kicker.
I have played with that person a several amount of time and he is the type of player to call light, bluff a lot.

What do you think of the way the hand was played?

Last edited:
P

PepeTurtle

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Affff.... really tuff one. His flush is pretty much disguised, I would have thought about 97 but not that. Really tuff one, I feel for you. But if you say villain was on the LAG side you have to forgive yourself though I dislike the flat turn you did.

Best Regards

A

AviCKter

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand the check on the flop, but why didn't you re-raise the turn? If he happens to have a draw, and misses the river, would he have given you any action? You missed out on a lot of value there.

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I understand the check on the flop, but why didn't you re-raise the turn? If he happens to have a draw, and misses the river, would he have given you any action? You missed out on a lot of value there.

Spot on.. If u checked that flop, u pretty much had to check raise that turn, since u dont want draws to really get there, or at least make them pay good money to see that river.
The way you played it, considering how wide of a range villain has, I would probably check behind the river.
Think of it this way:
If he has nothing, u cant extract value on the river so no point in betting
If he has u beat, he will allways reraise u all in, playing on his loose image.
What hands can just call your river raise that u can beat?! :))

Full Flush Poker