$20 NLHE MTT Rebuy: EARLY STAGE ACES!

seeyouthru

seeyouthru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Early in Tourney,Blinds are 40/80 (5handed)!
HERO UTG PICKS UP AA!(70BB)
HERO raises 3x!
VILLIAN(100bb) utg+1 calls,all fold.

Flop is T46 rainbow
Hero bets 300 into pot of 600!
villian raises 680.
hero raises 2265
villian goes all in
hero calls!

VILLIAN SHOWS 44!

THIS IS A HAND THAT HAS GOTTEN ME ON TILT VERY BADLY.
THE THING WITH THEESE PLAYERS IS THST WAS ON TABLE ALL WERE LOOSE PASSIVE AND I SAW A LOT OF THEM RAISE AND COMMIT WHOLE STACK ON TOP PAIR AND MEDIOCRE KICKERS!
I THOUGHT THAT THE PLAYERS HAS LOT OF TOP PAIR COMBOS HERE SO I PLAYED VERY AGRO WHICH I FEEL SO BAD ABOUT AND I AM ON FULL TILT!
NEED HELP.

R

RocwX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What combinations of TX would call you from UTG+1 preflop? TT, of course, but not much more. Maybe ATs. JJ+ would probably reraise you. In this scenario I would mostly expect some pocket pairs or AQ, AK. When they go all in like that you can be confident that they're holding a set or an over pair, but we know they probably would've reraised preflop if they had an over pair. Unfortunately for you it was the set.

Of course it's hard to consider all these variables during the few seconds you have to make the decision, but if you practice enough they end up becoming somewhat instinctive. You'll always make some bad calls, but they become much less recurrent.

gardin555

gardin555

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why did you slow play your AA preflop? :eek:
You should to protect your monster hand preflop, dont matter if someone call your raise or not, because the flop come with a lot of surprise like these.
Good luck with your pair of A the next time ;)

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bet sizing

HERO raises 3x!

Flop is T46 rainbow
villian raises 680.
hero raises 2265
villian goes all in
hero calls!

VILLIAN SHOWS 44!

THIS IS A HAND THAT HAS GOTTEN ME ON TILT VERY BADLY.
THE THING WITH THEESE PLAYERS IS THST WAS ON TABLE ALL WERE LOOSE PASSIVE AND I SAW A LOT OF THEM RAISE AND COMMIT WHOLE STACK ON TOP PAIR AND MEDIOCRE KICKERS!
I THOUGHT THAT THE PLAYERS HAS LOT OF TOP PAIR COMBOS HERE SO I PLAYED VERY AGRO WHICH I FEEL SO BAD ABOUT AND I AM ON FULL TILT!
NEED HELP.

Thank you for posting.

In wild games there are still some bet sizing tells. Min raising by OPP is one of those tells.
As you observe the table watch for which hands players are min raising with, which hands they are big raising with. It is also player dependent so be aware of that.
Also board dependent. K46 may have caused your OPP to bet bigger for example hoping you hit the K.

Your reraise size is too large. Many bad players will fold most of there weak holdings and continue with their strong holdings to that bet amount from what must be the tightest guy on the table. You have no bluffs on that board.

Hope this helps

:):)

seeyouthru

seeyouthru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What combinations of TX would call you from UTG+1 preflop? TT, of course, but not much more. Maybe ATs. JJ+ would probably reraise you. In this scenario I would mostly expect some pocket pairs or AQ, AK. When they go all in like that you can be confident that they're holding a set or an over pair, but we know they probably would've reraised preflop if they had an over pair. Unfortunately for you it was the set.

Of course it's hard to consider all these variables during the few seconds you have to make the decision, but if you practice enough they end up becoming somewhat instinctive. You'll always make some bad calls, but they become much less recurrent.
In Position he/she could be cold calling T8 suited or offsuit plus also.
What about TJ,TQ,TK,TA?

S

skeptix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Once he raises just go into check-call mode. You keep bluffs and worse value hands in his range and sometimes save some chips.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very, very, very bad postflop played. Your range is very strong and he raise your cbet. Wtf are you doing?

GiGiCat

GiGiCat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
HERO raises 3x!

Flop is T46 rainbow
villian raises 680.
hero raises 2265
villian goes all in

Hero plays perfect till flop!

Yes Hero has Pocket Aces.....Yes Hero is a huge favorite Pre-Flop!

When Villain 4 bets Hero, hero should take a mental note of transgressions against the almighty Pocket Aces and then 5 bet Villain....

Villain, 6 bets all in.....Major red flag for Pocket Aces, Kings, I have and will again fold my AA hand in situations like this and preserve my Tournament life.

Have a great day, hope this was helpful,
GiGicat:)

Flight777sem

Flight777sem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unlucky about flop but that kind of things happens. Preflop is okay but after his 3 bet on flop you could at least cold call instead of 4 bet. You would give him credit for 44,66 combinations.