lilu80

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Hello.

What do you think about of my overbet? My possition BB. Blinds 800/1600 ante 180.
In this spot MP preflop bet x2. I call this.
In flop I play 30% pot. Villain call.
In turn villain check. I check.
In river I imagine in this range KJ+, AQ+ and I know, that when KX he give me AI stack, but when not KX in this, my value probably burn. Is this OK?
rozdanie.jpg

Last edited:
N

ninoverm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't donk flop, especially not 30%. Check-raise is fine.

Fine check OTT.

I guess the river overbet is fine if he calls this with TT+. He shouldn't have kings after he checks back the turn, so you shouldn't be too afraid he would find a fold with a straight. He would probably fold everything else if you bet small as well.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Nowhere near enough information.

For starters, post the hand in a format where we can see all stack sizes, size of blinds & the action.
Then add in stuff like 'player reads', 'history with villain', 'our image', and anyother considerations (ie. ICM & payout structure, bubble, etc.)

B

bbiase

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It'll depend on how strong is your villain's turn check back range. If it's weak, then I like XR, allowing a villain's river bluff. If villain has a weak turn check back range, then are you getting value exactly from what hands? If villain's turn check back range is strong (Ax, Kx, sets, worse queens, JT, 98), than it's a great bet.

mcgregor_415

mcgregor_415

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to give more info on your opponent. Seems he is 20 BB, after your call I would put him with Kx for sure. It's logical to do the check on the turn. It's possible to have QA, as well and to play it slow. Probably he will play with something like J9s, Q9s or 99s. I think the overbet here is too much. He probably would pay you with K smaller bet or even that one, but still there is always the chance of the AQ or AA (logical enough to do the check on the turn)

lilu80

lilu80

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Thanks guys. In flop I played donk bet for control and I don`t want here too much pot. I didn`t want to scare him. Now I see that I give him free outers. In this spot he call me and show your KTo :D I think he can call here often. I removed from his range AQ, becouse he probably play preflop more or maybe AI. When AA I think that maybe he play limp.

Do you know how can I added hand from iPoker?
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/learning-poker-57/history-converter-ipoker-313725/

N

ninoverm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're making way too many assumptions man. You can't just remove AQ from his range because he raised 2x pre-flop. Good players usually raise the same size, and if they change it, it's based on the players and their positions (especially the big blind). Not on the hand they're holding.