$2 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked Turbo: Was this a mistake? Shoved preflop with pocket queens.

S

ShealynMillay

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
$2 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked Turbo: Was this a mistake? Shoved preflop with pocket queens.

I am in a 6 person SNG and I am in the final 3. Top two cash out. I am dealt QQ as the BB. I have about 10 BB, the SB has about 15, and the other guy had 20 BB. I raise to 3 BB with my QQ and the SB goes all in. The other guy folds. I call and my opponent shows A(h)5(d). He hits a straight A2345. Did I make the right call? was I sucked out? or should I have folded?

J

japg11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
QQ is strong enough to pay in this spot. If you have questions, review situations in ICMizer2, I think you have a free month if you have never used it.

C

cgcook38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah this is an easy call for me, I think. I'm rooting for someone to shove when I have any pocket pair 3 handed as the short stack. Your decision shouldn't be judged by the results, but what you knew going in. Personally I would have open shoved with the QQ, as I don't want to see a flop w a K or A in it, but I'm likely getting to the end anyway. But I'm not sure that would have changed the outcome anyway.

I wonder if the A5o made the right move here. I'm almost never that aggressive w a weak Ace and sitting firmly in the mix for the win. I think I would have folded it to the initial raise.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am in a 6 person SNG and I am in the final 3. Top two cash out. I am dealt QQ as the BB. I have about 10 BB, the SB has about 15, and the other guy had 20 BB. I raise to 3 BB with my QQ and the SB goes all in. The other guy folds. I call and my opponent shows A(h)5(d). He hits a straight A2345. Did I make the right call? was I sucked out? or should I have folded?
For me, your movement was correct, I also call with QQ pre-flop, and there is no way for me to fold that hand

Greetings and better luck in the next SNG