$2 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: Do you call all in for about 3bb with 64o on this stack?

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$2 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: Do you call all in for about 3bb with 64o on this stack?

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/...vKQAnTrtoAQeGKgU9UJBePf-1iAkXo_aHwLtq2Nrjw2Bs

Hello guys, it was satellite to satellite to 14 anniversary of Sunday Million. It was satellite hyper-turbo, there were 79 players, 13 tickets to next level, next satellite. Before that hand 20 players left and I was on 12 position in satelite. Do you call his small all in for about 3bb with any two? If better wait on better hand and better situation? If I would have a little bigger stack I probably call his all in. I think that opponent push a little better hand than my and in the best situation I will be have about 40% to win this hand. What do you think?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to pay 9.220 chips to win 29.240, so in pure chip EV you need 31,5% equity. I think, its close. In a regular MTT almost certainly a call, because odds are so good, and his range is very wide. But ICM matter more in a satellite. Calling and losing will leave you with 5BB. This is not great, because it increases the risk, someone else will call, next time you jam. And in this situation you really want to avoid “flips”. So its probably fine to let it go, and part of the rationale is to preserve your fold equity.

E

ejsch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is where i am at my worse i can ply short stacked or large stack but in middle of pack i always screw up

0815am

0815am

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to pay 9.220 chips to win 29.240, so in pure chip EV you need 31,5% equity. I think, its close. In a regular MTT almost certainly a call, because odds are so good, and his range is very wide. But ICM matter more in a satellite. Calling and losing will leave you with 5BB. This is not great, because it increases the risk, someone else will call, next time you jam. And in this situation you really want to avoid “flips”. So its probably fine to let it go, and part of the rationale is to preserve your fold equity.

Very much this. I feel even given odds purely I don’t think 64o makes the cut for me here. 86s would probably. And then as you described, been left with 5BB makes your life mich tougher!

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm pretty confident that folding is the correct play, although Dara O'Kearney would be the one to ask!

My reasoning is that it's correct to call in a normal tournament here, but it's fairly close. If you have a spot that's a close call normally, then close to ITM of a satellite it will usually be a fold. So I definitely agree with your play in this spot!

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its a fold. You are close to getting the right odds for the call but you have to factor in your tournament life here. Does not seem like a call would be worth based on what you are risking.

B

bealpoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
easy fold, given ICM the value of your chips go up. Given the tournament structure and you are 12th out of 20. 13 pay with 8bbs on a 7 man table. We can happily fold, pay our blinds and we have a whole orbit where other short stacks will bust.

64o is a shove in the sb for 4bbs but a fold in the bb vs a 4 big shove.

(if were calling 64o here were calling around 92% of our range, we should be calling around 70%, to put in perspective of how easy the fold is)