$2.20 NLHE MTT: Shove/Call spots

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey guys. These hands were played on 2 different tournaments and all of them are call/shove spots.
1. AJs-https://www.weaktight.com/h/5d2652a3d390434e738b4636
Played 5 hands on this table. Like AQ is fist pump shove, while AT is close to a fold against these positions. What about AJs? Was it correct?
2.ATo-https://www.weaktight.com/h/5d265428d390436a2c8b46f2
Both opponents are pretty lose but Button is crazy one. He limps/calls almost every hands and he were playing with stats 48/19 for 31 hands. Should we risk here when we're mostly ahead of the Button's range? Let's say if we lose against CO but win against a BU, then we'll collect 7k chips. Or it's not worth it?
3.88-https://www.weaktight.com/h/5d26548bd390436a2c8b470d
Is this a call against a UTG(8/8 for 12hands) shove? We should call with 99 but what about 88?
4.88-https://www.weaktight.com/h/5d2654d8d3904389208b4630
Is this a reshove vs an agro-opener(71/47 for 39hands) or it is better to play as a call?
5.22-https://www.weaktight.com/h/5d26550cd390434e738b46d0
Same guy from the 4th hand. Should we shove with 22 when we have 0 fold equity when we're against any 2 or is it better to wait for better spots?

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wanted to say that I don't need deep analysis for each hand. Just want to know if it's correct or not.

A

Ambur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. AI pre
2. fold pre
3. call pre
4. pre call is bad as played
5. AI or fold pre. 22 is not good postflop hand and hero does not have fold equity imo.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1. I would also rejam here against most opponents. You just happened to run into the top of their range. Most players fold often enough, that this semi-bluff is profitable.

2+3. Calling all-in is much worse than shoving ourselfes, so I am ok letting these two go.

4. This spot suck, because we know, he is to wide, but we have the entire table left to act after us. I dont like calling, because it invite a squeeze, and I dont like 3-betting, because he will probably call, and someone behind can 4-bet us. So I probably just hate life and fold.

5. This also somewhat suck, but on balance I am just getting it in here and hoping to chip up. With the ante and our own blind, we dont quite need 50% equity to break even. As in hand 1) you just happened to run into one of the few hands, that had you in really bad shape.

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1. I would also rejam here against most opponents. You just happened to run into the top of their range. Most players fold often enough, that this semi-bluff is profitable.

2+3. Calling all-in is much worse than shoving ourselfes, so I am ok letting these two go.

4. This spot suck, because we know, he is to wide, but we have the entire table left to act after us. I dont like calling, because it invite a squeeze, and I dont like 3-betting, because he will probably call, and someone behind can 4-bet us. So I probably just hate life and fold.

5. This also somewhat suck, but on balance I am just getting it in here and hoping to chip up. With the ante and our own blind, we dont quite need 50% equity to break even. As in hand 1) you just happened to run into one of the few hands, that had you in really bad shape.
2nd hand: Calling is definitely not an option here. I was thinking about re-shoving cause we're mostly ahead of BU's range. Even if we do lose against CO but we can win 7k if we win against BU.
3rd hand: We should fold because of the position we are? If we're on late MP or BU then it should be a call right?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2nd hand: Calling is definitely not an option here. I was thinking about re-shoving cause we're mostly ahead of BU's range. Even if we do lose against CO but we can win 7k if we win against BU.

3rd hand: We should fold because of the position we are? If we're on late MP or BU then it should be a call right?

2nd hand: I agree, that its either fold or rejam, but we are definitely not ahead of BTNs range. So if we rejam, its not for value or to create a side pot. We are never getting called by worse, but we can perhaps get him to fold some better hands like AJs, AQ or TT, so we can rejam and turn ATo into a bluff. Its almost neutral chip EV though and high variance, so I prefer to fold and preserve my 30BB chip stack for a better spot.

3rd hand: Yeah its our position, that makes this suck. In late position its fine to play this as a call, because we have less people to act after us. If we are going to play 88 from early position, the least bad option is to put in small 3-bet to isolate the maniac and try to buy position in the hand. We can make it like 5BB and hope, this look so strong, that only the maniac wants to play. As in the second hand this is almost neutral EV though, and we are risking almost a third of our chips, so once again I prefer to preserve my stack.

F

feisas7991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1st hand (AJ) clear all in, 40% or so of your stack already in the middle and against flat calling range you must be ahead as is (especially in these stakes).

2nd hand (AT) is a bit tricky, in these spots you have to observe table, some players go crazy and some are much tighter. Generally in middle stakes against tightish population you should go with AJs+ and AQ+ (pretty safe range).

3rd hand (88hd) early stage as this id definitely go all in (it helps if you have sharkscope desktop App to quick search him, against really profitable players it is a fold, as it is almost always a clear trap). overall it helps to have a hud in these situations in case you get into that situation when it really matters and you have no idea what his stats or graph looks like.

4th hand (88sh) flat pre against utg raise is pretty standard (if he is not wide af), then we get a jam into 3players with tight af ranges id let 88 go even if utg folded (we are pretty roasted here).

5th and final hand (22) standard, i dont have much to add, we are looking for a fold equity here so jamming pre must be by far most profitable and least mistakes causing play.