$2.20 NLHE MTT: multiway pot SPR 2-3, top pair

tewwa94

tewwa94

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it standard to call here? am I being too loose and should've folded since the board is too dry?

pokerstars, $1 + $0.10 - Hold'em No Limit - 100/200 (50 ante) - 6 players
Hand delivered by Upswing Poker

tewwa94 (UTG): 9,200 (46 bb)
LeoPro11 (MP): 4,288 (21 bb)
J.BOIKA (CO): 3,800 (19 bb)
EXON R. (BU): 8,970 (45 bb)
burning mach (SB): 1,470 (7 bb)
canny2010 (BB): 5,040 (25 bb)

Pre-Flop: (600) Hero (tewwa94) is UTG with J A
tewwa94 (UTG) raises to 400, 1 fold, J.BOIKA (CO) calls 400, 2 players fold, canny2010 (BB) calls 200

Flop: (1,600) 2 2 J (3 players)
canny2010 (BB) checks, tewwa94 (UTG) bets 512, J.BOIKA (CO) raises to 3,350 (all-in), canny2010 (BB) raises to 4,590 (all-in), tewwa94 (UTG) calls 4,078

Turn: (14,130) K (3 players, 2 all-in)

River: (14,130) 8 (3 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: 14,130

Showdown:
canny2010 (BB) shows 2 A (three of a kind, Twos)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 21%, Flop: 90%, Turn: 76%, River: 100%)

J.BOIKA (CO) shows 4 J (two pair, Jacks and Twos)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 26%, Flop: 3%, Turn: 1%, River: 0%)

tewwa94 (UTG) shows J A (two pair, Jacks and Twos)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 53%, Flop: 7%, Turn: 23%, River: 0%)

canny2010 (BB) wins 14,130

R

rgp007

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mult pot is always difficult. There are 3 in it. that sometimes your JA is valid. Three J outs. In freerroll and micro is good call.imo

F

FernandPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know if I'm just way too passive, but for me it would have been a relatively easy disciplined lay-down.. BB checks, you C-bet, CO goes all-in, and even better, BB 3bets all-in.
What I would be thinking, is, firstly, what does CO go all-in with ? His range is wide, he's got J and 2's in his range. He's got 19 BB though, so I really see him jamming with a J, would have played it way more gently with a 2 I guess...
BB check/raises all-in here. His range is even wider than CO, as he's the BB. He's got 2's and J's too in his range. A2, K2, Q2, ... .

So what do you want to do here ? You've got two pairs, with top kicker. The BB really represents or a 2, or a J in the worst case. Would you like to risk to maybe steal a pot against another J, and just hope nobody has a 2 ? IMO, the answer is no, just lay it down, and move on to another hand.

I guess it's my game-style that makes it an easy fold for me. For example, if BB hadn't re-raised all-in, I would definitely have called, but with him in the pot too, it just makes it too risky for me, and you're the chip-leader too at your table...

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The initial 3bet is low enough that you can expect a wide range from your villains. But yeah, who would shove all in on that flop? I think sets, quads, QQ+. The two short stacks are also very similar so there's no compensation from you maybe beating the one with more chips. I know regs will say that the shove is likely to be a bluff.. but more and more I see the exact opposite to be true at lower stakes.

L

levidoff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
after the second all-in easy fold

O

oreleo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the 2's most of the time will be calling ones.

Loonbat

Loonbat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I might call if just one ships, but am not calling with the second shipper. I would steer more toward a call if a flush draw existed.

Personally, I am not a fan of the minraise in micro events, either.

alexKarel

alexKarel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From an early position Preflop raise 2ББ??? (I would think that you have AA, KK and I would definitely make a call in position with any two cards of the same suit in order to punish))). On such a flop with a rate of 30% of the Bank we provoke the younger pocket pairs and hands with the worst kicker by 3 bet, but also with such a rate we give chances to rivals for a call to see the turn and the opportunity to strengthen hands like DJ, JK,JT.. It would be justified if we had a ready full house or Four of a Kind on hand, but we don't have it, so we have to protect our hand.. For this it was necessary to put on the preflop raise is between 3 - 3.5 BB(6 max, regardless of the position and strength of pocket cards), the flop continuation bet 2/3 pot size, easy call all in.. Then look at the trips of the opponent and call this fish bad words in the chat.. If we talk without jokes, we need to work on the size of the rates, and in this hand fold on the flop.:wink:

Ryan Laplante

Ryan Laplante

CardsChat Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cant fold this, although it is close and could find fold with a very specific read.