$2.20 NLHE MTT: If this was your situation

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm simply going all in on the flop - the rest is what it is and we are only losing to JJ on the flop which there are significantly less combos of available. We get value from Jx and flush draws and we likely have the best hand - no need to flat and face an awkward turn or river. The end result would be the same except we would have gotten our money in super good and just not held up. Such is poker - but no need to play this hand so passively on the flop. If you are being passive so you can fold when the flush comes in - then why not make the fold when it does?

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Next time in this situation,go for huge raise after flop,maybe and all in,that is ony mistake you do.This call at the end,i can't say it is right move or smart,but probably i do do sameas you.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even though I know someone have a flush, very hard to lay it down... If this was your situation, what'll you do???

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/624ydIhn5

Thank you for posting

Why are we not all-in on the flop we have less than 30 Bb to start the hand?

As played we fold turn as we could be up against JJ and the flush Which you knew someone had it so we have to hit

In tournaments we have to make chip preservation folds that we do not make in cash games

Hope this helps

X

xrhstos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The hand is well played preflop.
As the previous people have stated the flop is where we should push all in.
The villains aren't folding their flush draws, combo draws and even AJ, KJ on that flop.
The only real difference a minraise makes is to get some value from straight draws like T9.

PuletJelek

PuletJelek

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you for posting

Why are we not all-in on the flop we have less than 30 Bb to start the hand?

As played we fold turn as we could be up against JJ and the flush Which you knew someone had it so we have to hit

In tournaments we have to make chip preservation folds that we do not make in cash games

Hope this helps

When flop comes with flush draw, I planed to fold my hand if a club comes on the turn. But I changed my mind, hoping for a miracle comes on the river.

PuletJelek

PuletJelek

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm simply going all in on the flop - the rest is what it is and we are only losing to JJ on the flop which there are significantly less combos of available. We get value from Jx and flush draws and we likely have the best hand - no need to flat and face an awkward turn or river. The end result would be the same except we would have gotten our money in super good and just not held up. Such is poker - but no need to play this hand so passively on the flop. If you are being passive so you can fold when the flush comes in - then why not make the fold when it does?

Hoping for a miracle on the river.. :rolleyes:

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When flop comes with flush draw, I planed to fold my hand if a club comes on the turn. But I changed my mind, hoping for a miracle comes on the river.

Thank you for posting

Stick to your plans trust your read it is ok to fold and still be able to compete
Being able to act decisively is a key to getting better at poker
Hope this helps

PuletJelek

PuletJelek

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you for posting

Stick to your plans trust your read it is ok to fold and still be able to compete
Being able to act decisively is a key to getting better at poker
Hope this helps

Thank you for advice..
Yes I should follow my instict and made discipline fold...

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stacks are a little shallow to setmine, so I might actually lean towards just letting this hand go preflop, when two players have entered the pot ahead of me. Many people will probably yell at me and say, its way to tight, but as I see it, the math just does not add up.

Postflop I simply jam the flop. There is no point in getting cute and letting another card roll off. If they like their hand, they are going with it, and if they have total air, they are shutting down on the turn anyway. Against this particular holding results would have been the same of course. It just is, what it is.