$2.20 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: Need a fresh pair of Russian eyes to eval

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
CardsChat $2.20 Buy-in, $100 Added, Table 1 (Hold'em)

First hand of the game, MMT with about 29 players thus far. Blinds are 15/30 Seat 1 is the button
Seat 1: Spikefinger1 (2000).
Seat 2: DrySpe11 (2000).
Seat 3: PKRNRS (2000).
Seat 4: tahoeden44 (2000).
Seat 5: ogii3 (2000).
Seat 6: LIONKING_KG (2000).
Seat 7: EllyWriter02 (2000).
Seat 8: oriolelv (2000).
Player DrySpe11 has small blind (15)
Player PKRNRS has big blind (30) 4♠ 10♣
Player tahoeden44 folds
Player ogii3 folds
Player LIONKING_KG folds
Player EllyWriter02 folds
Player oriolelv folds
Player Spikefinger1 raises (60)
Player DrySpe11 folds
Player PKRNRS calls (30)

POT=(165)
So I get a standard raise from the button which is not out of place. The villain of course has a very wide range to play here and could have raised with just about anything. I am thinking I'm not having a player steal my blinds first hand of the game and will try to defend. Of course I don't re-raise and just call.
Mistake one: not folding
Mistake two: calling a raise.

*** FLOP ***: [2c][Kc][8c]
Player PKRNRS bets (90)
Player Spikefinger1 calls (90)

POT=(345)
I got a possible flush draw, I don't like this but I'm going to fire a bet to try to take control of the hand. I make standard 2/3 pot size bet. The villain only calls, this suggest weakness to me and that they don't have a good hand.

*** TURN ***: 2♣K♣[8c] 3♦
Player PKRNRS bets (210)
Player Spikefinger1 calls (210)
POT=(765)
I took control of the hand and now I c-bet. The 3d doesn't change anything other than I didn't hit my flush. Again the call by the villain is suggesting his hand isn't that great.

*** RIVER ***: 2♣K♣8♣3♦ 9♥
Player PKRNRS bets (490)
Player Spikefinger1 calls (490)
Again a about 2/3 pot sized bet. I am a little surprised the villain called down three bets with only TPTK. I donked off almost half my stack trying to represent a flush. The only donkey here is me.
------ Summary ------
Pot: 1715.
Board: [2c] [Kc] [8c] [3d] [9h]
*Player Spikefinger1 shows: One pair of Ks [Kh] [As]. Bets: 850. Collects: 1715. Wins: 865.
Player PKRNRS shows: High card K [4s] [10c]. Bets: 850. Collects: 0. Loses: 850.

The real summary is fold trash hands and avoid bluffs against calling stations.

021poker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The home take message is that no one wants to steal the blinds on the first hand of the tournament.

Have you had any stats on the V before? Did you see him steal a lot? you should ask yourself those questions before making any decision like that. Also, even if you wanna defend, pick the hands that would play post flop very well. In this case, your hand is just a garbage and you should only trust ur bluff ability post flop against the V.

GRANDPAPA929

GRANDPAPA929

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You take pride in your garbage hand and a bad game?!! I don't understand you.

F

FishyFatty

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
That hand was garbage and deserve to lose a stack trying to defend that, no when to fold em' dude.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Bad hand, bad position, no real incentive to bluff on the first hand of tournament. Top top is always calling you there is nothing surprising about the call given the board and the line you took. Donking flop reps a small flush, a flush draw, or a weak K. Your opponent can beat 2 of those combinations so will likely call.
If you really wanted to win hand should have check raised flop and size turn bet accordingly to be able to close to pot jam on river.

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The fact you played this hand to begin with shows us what a fish you are. Who tries to defend their blind with such a hand. You should go back to playing Ol'maid. Better yet let me know where you play...

aminv

aminv

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no one wants to get busted the first hand. could you win the pot if you shoved on river? if So, does it worth the risk? my answer is not at all.

No1eJoker

No1eJoker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very bad hand, you should give up on pre-flop

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fold pre, I would only be defending T4o vs a minraise 100bb+ deep without antes. X/f turn, you rep nothing here with this lead so you should only be doing so with value hands. X/f river as well, if you're going to make a move it should be an overbet.