$2.20 NLHE MTT Bounty: $2,20 NLHE MTT Bounty: How would you play that hand pre-flop and turn?

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$2.20 NLHE MTT Bounty: $2,20 NLHE MTT Bounty: How would you play that hand pre-flop and turn?

It's a ko mtt. I believe that the pre flop is ok. In my view, I was Lucky on the turn and the river was bad luck.

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/824CIBr8c

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Calling out of the small blind is generally not the best strategy. You should mostly defend by 3-betting, and if you occationally call, you should have something way better than 32o. This hand is just junk, and your VPIP (voluntary put in pot) with 32o should pretty much be zero.

Flop
Given the undersized "fish" bet calling with a gutshot is fine. It would be somewhat optimistic to go on the offensive and try to get this many people to fold.

Turn
Given that the flop bet was a meaningless fish bet, I prefer to basically ignore it and lead out (donk bet), when I make my hand. There is around a pot sized bet left, and I would probably just go all in to be honest. If someone has a better straight, then good for them.

Result
You got it in good on the turn but got drawn out on. Thats poker.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a ko mtt. I believe that the pre flop is ok. In my view, I was Lucky on the turn and the river was bad luck.

I disagree that your play in the pre-flop was good, you called on the sb with 23 offsuited, I actually fold immediately, then you called on the flop with only 4 out that allowed you to have the straight and be able to have a Strong hand for me was not the right thing either, you were lucky on the turn but it faded on the river. but in my opinion everything started badly by making that call in the pre-flop with 23. this is only my opinion does not mean that it is the right thing, it is only what I think of this hand

Sintubai

Sintubai

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This pre-flop = fold.. I think its a not good choice to play this hand on this situation

Pufik

Pufik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
FOLD PREFLOP, yes you have really nice potodds, but you can win in just case you hit straight/twopairs/trips, 23o have really small EV. so just fold and you have one problem less on flop.

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Calling out of the small blind is generally not the best strategy. You should mostly defend by 3-betting, and if you occationally call, you should have something way better than 32o. This hand is just junk, and your VPIP (voluntary put in pot) with 32o should pretty much be zero.

Flop
Given the undersized "fish" bet calling with a gutshot is fine. It would be somewhat optimistic to go on the offensive and try to get this many people to fold.

Turn
Given that the flop bet was a meaningless fish bet, I prefer to basically ignore it and lead out (donk bet), when I make my hand. There is around a pot sized bet left, and I would probably just go all in to be honest. If someone has a better straight, then good for them.

Result
You got it in good on the turn but got drawn out on. Thats poker.

I disagree that your play in the pre-flop was good, you called on the sb with 23 offsuited, I actually fold immediately, then you called on the flop with only 4 out that allowed you to have the straight and be able to have a Strong hand for me was not the right thing either, you were lucky on the turn but it faded on the river. but in my opinion everything started badly by making that call in the pre-flop with 23. this is only my opinion does not mean that it is the right thing, it is only what I think of this hand

The preflop and flop game is terrible in this case.

This pre-flop = fold.. I think its a not good choice to play this hand on this situation

FOLD PREFLOP, yes you have really nice potodds, but you can win in just case you hit straight/twopairs/trips, 23o have really small EV. so just fold and you have one problem less on flop.
This was really an unusual hand that I hardly use. Due to the pot, seeing the flop was attractive, especially because it was bounty. I agree that the pre-flop fold would solve everything.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this is a pretty big deal here to understand that this is a pre flop fold. You are at the bottom of the entire range spectrum here and to ever feel anything decent you will need to flop 2 pair or open ended straight draw minimum. Way too many times you will be calling here pre and then folding post flop. Even the flop you got I am not in love with since we were drawing to 4 cards (which we later found out was only 2 cards). So many better spots to attack vs this spot and investing 3600 chips.

As played I think you played it correctly as if you are going to call this pre you need to peel on boards that have any sort of hope as this one did as long as the price is right which in this case it was. When you hit it on the turn you should be betting strong and leading out in my opinion because if they all fold at that point they have nothing anyway. Very very bad luck on the river but you shouldn't have been in that spot in the first place.

Defending with these types of hands (don't misconstrue me here, defending either blind is very important but more so on the BB side) will normally get you in trouble because you will either be folding a ton or have to peel a card way weaker than you normally would be peeling and thus setting yourself up to sucked in to pots that you should not be in.

Dkerridge14

Dkerridge14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I would definitely just insta muck this hand. OOP you are asking for absolutely tonnes of trouble. Maybe if 5+ limped you could see a cheap and hope for a straight but if not get rid. Hands like this constantly lose you money

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands