BR
Chips
Z

zuker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it`s OK to call against his range.
You only lose to 99, TT and Jx (which rare).
In most cases he has overcards and low pairs.

PuletJelek

PuletJelek

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't recommend it, a lot of hands is better than 88 is this spot (99+ AJs ...) I don't know, maybe you have some note of this "seat 9" based in other hands you played against him or only saw, like airs or Triple Barrel Bluff, if is the case I undertand, but I think fold in the turn bet is more comum.

https://www.poker-king.com/dictionary/triple-barrel-bluff/
https://www.poker-king.com/dictionary/air/

I also think it's too risky to call that strong turn bet that might cause me to lose a lot of chips..

This is my analysis

i don't think he'll bet that strong if he just got 99 or 1010, i also don't think he got QQ+ based on he didn't reraise preflop (or if he wants to trap whit those premium hand).. the possible hand he got is some Jx or even full house or totally bluffing... lucky me he checked on the river... if he shoved, i'll fold...

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont mind calling twice on this particular turn card. It does two different things, which are both great:

1) Its scares his overpairs, so that he might not be betting these for value again
2) It removes 1/3 of his combos of top pair.

When you combine these two factors, his value range becomes very narrow, and then its easy for him to be bluffing to much. And whenever someone is likely to be bluffing to much, we want to lean towards calling with bluffcatchers.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Flatting IP with the 88s is fine - I like it much better than raising. Good flop for us - have to call the first bet - J on the turn is a great card for us and I am always calling a bet here on the turn. If he triples river it's kind of hard to find any bluffs that do that from such a dry flop and runout - so I think had they bombed river I would just fold but as played the check back on the river is probably good. Dont know if we go for thin value here or not...if our opponent gets crazy and raises us I think we would HAVE to fold.

Anyhow- the J on the turn makes it that much less likely our opponent has one. They still have 99s and TTs in their range tho so while I think calling the turn is sort of a must here I also think we are still proceeding with caution.