$2.20 NLHE MTT: 3bet pre flop with AA on the bubble

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You would do the same or escape that bad beat. I believe my pre flop is ok and the call is also due to the board. He could have a flush draw and he would do the same. What would you do?
replay here: https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/824woxVGw

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think the only flush draw he would do that in UTG, is :ah4::kh4:, and he still would win, :10d4::10d4: in their range too, so, no way to escape from that bad beat. tournament bubble is complicated... I already fold a lot of QQ, KK, but Aces never, you have to play, sometimes a bad beat happens, but is part of the game

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Standard, we're never folding an overpair in a 1.5 SPR pot.

Though you may want to size down your flop bet a bit, as played the call is completely fine and standard. No need to lose any sleep over a basic spot just because of the result. The decision matters, not the result :)

Q

QA77

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just bad luck. Can’t fold AA there with the given stack sizes.

Mmurilove

Mmurilove

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe you played it right. I would do the same and also lose all the chips.
In fact, he was wrong to call his 3bet with 66 from UTGxUTG1. In the long run, his call will be very losing.
After the flop there was not much to be done, as he could check/shove with overpairs (KK, QQ, JJ) and flush draws (AJs + and maybe KQs), and he should only have TT as a set. That is, you would be winning most of the time, but unfortunately not this time. But don't blame yourself because these things happen.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can never fold AA, when the stack to pot ratio is this low, and the board is extremely safe for an overpair. He will stack off JJ-KK and some draws as well, and if he outflopped you with anything other than TT, then he is very loose and can have a ton of different hands, you are ahead off. A hand like this is nothing to worry about. Just move on and play the next tournament.

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, in micro tournament I prefer bigger 3bet pre flop, about 4x, because opponents often call 3bet for 3x. Besides I prefer bigger 3bet pre flop on bigger stack than my, because bigger stack often call with medium hand. As played, I agree with guys that you can nothing to do after the flop. I don't see too many suited connector hands from utg position. Usually opponents from utg raise cards off suit, some pockets or hands like Ato+.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
His range had some Jacks and Queens and Kings and flush-draws. I think we cant fold in here. He had more worst hands so we`ve got good equity to call.

Jessica1507

Jessica1507

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
His move was correct no matter how much I say that since he went up I would bet everything and he paid the final result would be the same.
When we win AA our intention should be to put all the chips in the pot before the flop. Maybe if everything came back pre flop (MAYBE only) he would fold but your move was correct and nothing would change the final result. Let's go on!

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe you played it right. I would do the same and also lose all the chips.
In fact, he was wrong to call his 3bet with 66 from UTGxUTG1. In the long run, his call will be very losing.
After the flop there was not much to be done, as he could check/shove with overpairs (KK, QQ, JJ) and flush draws (AJs + and maybe KQs), and he should only have TT as a set. That is, you would be winning most of the time, but unfortunately not this time. But don't blame yourself because these things happen.

I agree Completely with this reply. No other choice. I would have never put him on pocket sixes when he called your 3bet preflop. Very much unprofitable play from the player who hit his set. Not sure anyone wouldn't have called his shove.

Good luck to all:cool:

vskots150

vskots150

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to say that if I selected the tournament through the satellites and any hit in the prizes gives a significant addition to the bankroll. Then on the dough I throw off any monsters. And in this case, you hacked off with a chip leader and if you already rearrange it, then immediately put a push. Since you rearranged it to x3 and uvas there are still 24 bb left. Trying to get chips on the dough is roulette which we would not want to play. Since anything can happen. I would stick with the icm model here. Or if I went into the distribution, then pushed

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I want to say that if I selected the tournament through the satellites and any hit in the prizes gives a significant addition to the bankroll. Then on the dough I throw off any monsters. And in this case, you hacked off with a chip leader and if you already rearrange it, then immediately put a push. Since you rearranged it to x3 and uvas there are still 24 bb left. Trying to get chips on the dough is roulette which we would not want to play. Since anything can happen. I would stick with the icm model here. Or if I went into the distribution, then pushed
I only fold if it was a satellite tournament. In this case it was not satellite, so there is no way to think about folding, as the friends above said. You shouldn't be afraid of a bubble. If it has value, we must extract it. In that case I was not lucky. It's poker. is part of.

fantata666

fantata666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
to your self i would directly direct all in nqma sense to ask for and invite an opponent to see the flop for my to make a good hand from me and to me all the same but this is all for this hand :)

L

levidoff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop you can consider allin.
But 3bet is not a mistake either.
Unfortunately, the opponent hit the set.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop you can consider allin.

Pushing all in for 30BB over a small open raise will miss out on a ton of value in the long run, unless the Villain is completely terrible and just cant fold.