£160 NLHE MTT: Combo draw OOP multiway high SPR

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Live MTT, strong field than usual as this tournament is limited to loyalty cash game regulars, Level 2, full ring, 100/100 + 100 big blind ante, freezeout

Full of actions and 3bet/4bet are very frequent. Hero may not have an edge over this field. HJ and CO have BB (Hero) covered. Effective stack 13000

HJ opened to 300, CO called, all folded to BB (Hero) with 96and called.

Flop: (1100, 3 players)
QJT

BB checked, HJ checked, CO bet 1000, BB raised to 3500, HJ folded, CO re-raised all in. Hero?

My thought:
Probably a bit loose preflop.

As HJ has checked back, I don't expect he had AK and CO shouldn't have AK either. I may have more nutted combos like K9s and 98s than CO so decided to raise as he may stab with trash/weak SDV hands. I am clearly behind given the action but perhaps got enough odds to call.

What is your view?

R

RocwX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm thinking the villain might have the Jack of diamonds. If they have the J and another diamond, your outs are not that great anymore, especially if they're also drawing for a straight. It's hard to say, but I'd probably just call the flop and see another card. After being hit with the all-in I guess it's better to let it go.

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
really interesting spot

but I think you can find the answer in your own Play.
well I agree, the call pre was a bit loose, but with 130bb we can call here in the BB from time to time.
so you check with a strong draw and get an almost pot size bet for 10bb and check raise to 35bb. what was your Intention to reraise so big? hoping for a fold? Building a pot with your draw? folding to any 4bet?
If you think About folding here, why check raise OOP?

Not sure About the Outs. He might has blockers for a flush or straight or even both, so instead of 9 + 6 I would say 8 + 5 = 13 giving us ~52% to hit our draw.
vs KT KQ QJ with 1 fd blocker you are About 45.5 : 52
vs AQ AJ AT with Ad you are About 40:58

with AK QQ JJ TT he would 3bet pre, so we don't have to be afraid About a set or a flopped straight.

But still I don't see a Hand that we are ahead of and with such Deep stacks I might fold and Keep on playing with a 100bb stack…..

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We have 130BBs?
flop is a check call I believe. If he bets small we can raise but still the pre aggressor might be trapping with a prem.
When he jams we have decent odds to call as per my calculations. But since it's 100BB+ I don't mind folding. Not sure if it's right theoretically
Preflop is a standard defend

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have the ignorant end of a 1 card straight. I would bail on that flop. It's unlikely much good will come from continuing with the hand.

S

Smart_Hand

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would just check call flop! Don`t need to reraise and decide turn