$16.50 NLHE MTT Bounty: $16,50 NLHE MTT Bounty: TT in multiway postflop ?

M

Misticblair

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, there is some problematic spot that I had today. Wonder if you could help me out here :

https://www.boomplayer.com/pl/29373713_9EF744C560

preflop I tried to play more passively to see the flop and decide if I should lead as my enemies were kinda TAG to be honest.

So on the flop we see some clubs etc. I bet as I have over pair, and I assume that my enemies got some AK at most, so when one of them reraise so big I put him on club draw/straight draw. We go all in and... exactly is that good shove to be done with just TT here ? I mean.. It feels fine by me, + blocker such as other opponent with clubs makes it even more difficult to catch this stupid leaf. Anyway, what you guys think ? Good shove, bad play overall, how'd you play it then ?

vlad1slaw

vlad1slaw

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I Think the preflop call is pretty bad, we gave it almost free to see the flop of the BB. Therefore, the best solution will be 3bet, plus we have a pretty deep stack

On flop i don't see any point in donkbet, check-raise or check-call mb better :)

In any case, we went very well, even it was unexpected to see such cards from opponents :)

Yanko57

Yanko57

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree that preflop call is a bad move... You must reraise big here.

But if you decide to call, you have to play it "hit or miss" as you would do with smaller pairs. Once the flop is dealt, one of your 2 opponents could have a made set and a lot of problems could emerge.

You got unlucky that he made his straight, but you dig your own grave in my opinion...

1luckysob

1luckysob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You got unlucky that he made his straight, but you dig your own grave in my opinion...

He made a flush..

Three bet pre-flop here is a slam dunk.

It does not seem like you had a clear vision of the way you wanted to play the hand before you acted pre-flop. You called which (one would think from your POV) would imply that you are going to play the hand conservatively, yet post flop, you play the hand out as if you showed your opponent big pocket pair strength pre-flop. We have to be cognizant of what our actions in early betting rounds is being perceived as by our opponents and how that should change your reactions further on in the hand. Given the flat pre-flop, I like a check call on the flop and see how the action plays out from there.

Good luck out there! :)

T

TDTODDY

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing the hand passively is fine, It's the shove after a big raise that'll get you in trouble everytime. calling the 5100 would be sort of an invite for the other two to shove. fold with a decent stack and move on.