Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Early Live MTT, rebuy period completed, full ring 10-max

UTG: 50BB, tight limper, loves to limp-call from EP, but didn't limp reraise before
CO: 50BB, tricky, would play suited 2-3 gappers, very difficult to play with
BTN (Hero): 42BB nit image

UTG limped, all folded to CO called, BTN with JJwho raised to 3.5BB
UTG reraised to 9.33BB, CO folded. BTN called.

Flop:
A ♣ 4♠ 5♣

UTG checked. BTN checked

Turn:

UTG checked. BTN checked

River

UTG went all in, BTN folded.

Questions:
1. Would you fold after re-raise preflop?
2. How would you play this hand?

I think villain most likely to have AA, KK maybe if he considers my check-back two streets are weak.

J

JustSoPro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Could see him limp re-raise with a lot of Axs, AJo+, JJ+ and maybe KJs+ or JTs if you didn't have blockers. The majority of his range beats your hand, so good check and fold here.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

🙉 🙈 🙊 student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think the hand was played pretty standard. I would put UTG on a better pair or maybe AK. I think throwing a bet on the flop would be wise as it would possibly knock off KK and QQ here if he is tight enough.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think we can absolutely be going a bit larger preflop over 2 limps. Probably something like 4.5 - 5.5 bb as a default.

In a live MTT environment, vs a guy who has limp/called a LOT and who we have not seen limp reraise yet, I would weigh him unbelievably heavily toward specifically AA, and a little bit of KK. This might sound crazy, but people live just don't really balance these kinds of plays, and especially not when you haven't seen it done yet.

I would fold to the reraise. Begrudgingly. As played, I think this is exactly how a lot of opponents who would limp reraise aces would play it postflop on this runout. So definitely an easy check back on first two streets, and a clear river fold imo.