15+1.5 SnG @ ACR 9 max

thechamp5

thechamp5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is more of a vent because I think I made the right read. We were down to the last 4, so on the bubble for pay outs. Blinds 150/300 ante 50. The large stack had around 4500 and another guy has about 3500 and me and and another guy both have around 2750, I'm big blind and he is small blind. He has been playing a little loose so when action folds to him he pushes all in. I don't think he has anything so I call with A6 off. He shows 97 off, I felt good about my decision. The flop is J 8 6 so I'm a little uncomfortable the turn is an 8 so I'm breathing and then he rivers a 7. It hurt and I was frustrated so I wanted to vent about it. Let me know what you would have done.

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a pretty easy call and standard play for both of you guys. If you're playing SNGs these types of situations are going to occur rather often.

Fwiw, the runout is irrelevant. When the money went in you were a 57% favorite to win the hand, which is just over a coinflip.

M

matt0216

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree and no ICM involved

What do you mean by there's no ICM involved? We're on the bubble of a 9-man sng; the decision is entirely based on ICM.

I haven't played much 9 man recently, or ever really, so I ran this spot in ICMIZER. The break-even point for A6o, in $EV, is an sb shoving range of ~65%.

I'm breathing and then he rivers a 7. It hurt and I was frustrated so I wanted to vent about it. Let me know what you would have done.

Whenever you're playing, the outcome of a hand shouldn't result in frustration or being hurt. The easiest way to avoid those feelings is to have confidence in your decisions and the only way to do that is to study as much as you can. The more confident you are in your decisions, the less you'll be affected by short-term variance because you know that in the long run you're +EV.

thechamp5

thechamp5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you mean by there's no ICM involved? We're on the bubble of a 9-man sng; the decision is entirely based on ICM.

I haven't played much 9 man recently, or ever really, so I ran this spot in ICMIZER. The break-even point for A6o, in $EV, is an sb shoving range of ~65%.

Whenever you're playing, the outcome of a hand shouldn't result in frustration or being hurt. The easiest way to avoid those feelings is to have confidence in your decisions and the only way to do that is to study as much as you can. The more confident you are in your decisions, the less you'll be affected by short-term variance because you know that in the long run you're +EV.

Matt I really appreciate your response. It's really good feedback, cause I know I let my emotions get the best of me sometimes in poker and I notice my results start to trend super negatively when that happens. I will definitely start studying more.

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fck u got me ;) Its My worst part of pokerplay