$120 NLHE MTT: $120 Multi table satellite for $1100 main event (5 away from seat)

R

retsam

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everyone,

I'm playing in a $120 MTT Satellite for $1100 Main event. We are at 21 left and top 16 receives a seat.
Blinds are at 3k -6k

HERO has 40k

The action goes as follows.

Folds to SB who has over 100k who limps. Some information on him is he is really passive and even folds his SB to my BB when he covers me.

I look down at :kh4::10c4:
I check.

Pot 18k
Flop is :ah4::9s4::9h4:
Villain checks
I bet 6k, Villain calls
Turn is :10h4:
Pot 30k

I think for a bit and here is where I want to know the correct line or play I should of done. I understand we are close to paying seats. I also know I'm about bottom 5 stack so I needed to make a play and decided this was it.

Because I have Kh blocker I eliminate a lot of K high heart combos villain may have. I decided to jam the rest of my stack 30kish. My thinking is he did have an Ace or even trip 9s it would put him on a tough spot.

He snap calls and has :jh4::5h4:
River was a :kc4:

Should I never make a play like this in a satellite or should I just take a lower variance route and bet fold. I also considered jamming pre flop which may have been the best play overall since he is passive, but I'm always worried they might limp call since they are huge stack.

Thoughts?

F

feisas7991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Jam pre, you are getting extreme fold equity here. If we deduct all Ax from his range (he is supposed to jam those pre) and leave him only with pocket pairs and trash you get really easy jam. His calling range should be something like 99+ (though again he should be jamming most of those pre).
Given said that any other play than jam pre is a big mistake in my opinion, unless he is uber nit, but even then im leaning towards jam.
Good Luck!

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Agree, here either preflop shove or waiting for better hand ...

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
shove pre

you increase your stack by almost 50%

Poker Tells