Folds to mp 50 bb who makes it 1200 Folds to

Hero in CO 58bb with JdJs I reraise to 5200 MP calls

Flop comes 5s 8h Kd
Mp leads out for 6500 I make the call

Turn is Jc MP checks and I check back

River is 5h MP bets 10000 I shove remaining stack and MP calls

MP turns over KhQs for 2 pair Ks 5s
Hero has full house Js 5s

How did you think I played each street could I have been missing value with a turn check I liked it at the time and although I got his stack in the end how would you have played it. I could of let A10 Q10 type hands get there but i just didnt put him on those hands at the time but its possible.On a K high flop think calling here is my only option to a single bet anyone consider a fold here?

Last edited:
Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hey

Cardschat forum now have the hand converter replayer, is more easy to analyze street by street, I recommend for future analizes
raise pre flop is a soo much high in my opinion, overall I think you had luck in this play, the turn check is ok

X

xrhstos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Flop and turn are the only streets that can be argued.
On the flop the call can be unprofitable if villain only donk bets for protection of his KXs type of hands.
But there also could be stuff like 67s or bluffs that he decides to donk once in a while, so not a terrible call if you are folding to a second bet on later streets.
I do like the turn check, if he has a King you give them the opportunity to improve and get more value on the river, which you did.

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey

Cardschat forum now have the hand converter replayer, is more easy to analyze street by street, I recommend for future analizes
raise pre flop is a soo much high in my opinion, overall I think you had luck in this play, the turn check is ok
Yeah agree was lucky. often I won't improve on turn and probably have to fold

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did you 3bet over 4x pre flop to get it in if villain shoved? You had position so a bit less than that would've achieved the same result if you were hoping to see the flop.

0815am

0815am

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have 3b a little less especially in position.

Don’t think the flop call is good. He can easily have a king and try to protect it against your ace high hands. You basically drawing to two outs.
I think for getting stacks in you need to bet the turn. If he wouldn’t have led river you might have not maximized value.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The preflop 3bet sizing is waaaaay too big, its over 4x and we are in position so no need for us to bloat this pot so quicky- JJ is still vulnerable to some over cards - all those would be in our villans 3bet calling range - I would elect to go around 3600 - 4000 and take a flop from there.

When our opponent donks into us for half pot, it sure is weird but I like the call because we cant always be folding to a single flop bet with 1 over card. The Jack on the turn bails us out if we are behind - I like the check back here for deception. When our opponent leads the river we get our 2nd street of value - time to pop it with our full house and target Kx hands and some weird 5x hands that make trips on the river. If they are bluffing we wont get another dime out of them anyways, if they have a hand to call with we get paid bigtime!

So all in all I dont have an issue with the hand aside from the preflop 3bet sizing - I think it's just too large. Other than that, I like the post flop actions and love the river jam on the end!

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop is ok. Fish must pay. Turn i dont understand why you played check back. Just bet

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Honestly I think you played it perfect. Once you hit your J on the turn and check for deception to really disguise your hand, you're able to stack them on the river. Of course....you get super lucky having them hit the 5 instead of the K to give them the worse boat, but you still got there and extracted max value by checking the turn.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
Preflop: 3bet is too big. By defaukt 3bet sizing IP should be roughly 3x. If players are short stacked then you can go with even smaller 3bet, like 2.5x in position.

Flop: If you fold any pair here, you will be overfolding too much. Keep in mind you should have AQ and some other Ax hands, some broadway hands that totally missed. You fold those cards, you can't fold JJ here. Also, no reason to raise, so call is perfect.

Turn: is mandatory raise in my opinion. if villain has K, he is not folding. Typically you want to slowplay to allow villain catch a pair or a draw. Here, you have already K and straight draw on the board, you have no reason to slowplay.

River: Perfect.

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop: 3bet is too big. By defaukt 3bet sizing IP should be roughly 3x. If players are short stacked then you can go with even smaller 3bet, like 2.5x in position.

Flop: If you fold any pair here, you will be overfolding too much. Keep in mind you should have AQ and some other Ax hands, some broadway hands that totally missed. You fold those cards, you can't fold JJ here. Also, no reason to raise, so call is perfect.

Turn: is mandatory raise in my opinion. if villain has K, he is not folding. Typically you want to slowplay to allow villain catch a pair or a draw. Here, you have already K and straight draw on the board, you have no reason to slowplay.

River: Perfect.
Preflop I was thinking I did not want a garbage hand like small Ax continue cheaply but it was a tad large.

Flop don't think I can fold to a single bet although in this instance I was behind

Turn could go either way between betting and checking but wanted to try and force a bluff from him and probably missed some value

River only one option here

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
A bit of a large 3-bet, but against a mini-raise I think, its not a big deal.

Flop
Without the sickest read I am also calling his donk bet

Turn
I prefer to bet when checked to. He is never folding a K, and if he has a draw, you are just giving him a free card.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very big the 3bet of the pre and the call on the flop seems quite risky I would have folded with that K there, the rest well played