Hero goes all-in 140k, BB calls 140k
Final Pot: 389k
Hero shows a pair of Aces
A Q
BB shows two pair, Kings and Sevens
7 K
BB wins 389k (net +196k)
Hero lost 193k

if we check he bet or jam we call so we jam for A+ 7+ pockets calls as missed flushdraw but we dont have blocker for flush so he can bluff it.
but i think we lose a lot of value if we check.

mb bigger bet on turn for better jam sizing.

what you think about this river?

Last edited:
R

RocwX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would bet slightly bigger on the flop, but I'm fine with the bet on the turn. Usually if I lead the bets on the flop and on the turn and the opponent calls both streets I slow down on the river because I could be beat and have no idea. Since you led all the action, you can't get a lot of information about their hand.

S

sheltowee420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Flop it or slop it, I have spent a lot of chips chasing the flush, now I just check/fold, unless I have less then 5BB, then I shove and hope for the best.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Limit Holdem Tournament
9 Players
Hand Conversion Powered by WeakTight Poker Hand History Converter
$9.80+$1.20
Stacks:
UTG (59k) 12bb
UTG+1 (78k) 16bb
MP1 (235k) 47bb
MP2 (91k) 18bb
MP3 (121k) 24bb
CO (69k) 14bb
BTN (121k) 24bb
SB Hero (193k) 39bb
BB (365k) 73bbBlinds: 2.5k/5k Ante 500
Pre-Flop: (12k, 9 players) Hero is SB A Q

7 folds, Hero raises to 13k, BB calls 7.5k

Flop: A 6 7 (30k, 2 players)
Hero bets 12k, BB calls 12k
Turn: 2 (53k, 2)
Hero bets 28k, BB calls 28k
River: K (109k, 2)
A Q
7 K
BB wins 389k (net +196k)
Hero lost 193k

if we check he bet or jam we call so we jam for A+ 7+ pockets calls as missed flushdraw but we dont have blocker for flush so he can bluff it.

I feel like you were betting for value each street until the river.... and then for some reason you overbet the river.. why? to turn your hand into a bluff?? why not continue betting for value on river if you felt like hand was best...

you have 140K left and your line went something like 1/4th pot, half pot, Over pot Jam.. when you could have bet something like 40k on the river and gotten paid by a lot of weaker Ace's some broad way hands that paired the K most 7's and pocket pairs. and some other outliers. If you get jammed on you still have 100K left and can lay down your one pair hand easy.

The only reason sizing up the turn bet is good is to specifically charge FD's but you're chasing away value from other hands.I'm fine with the turn bet I just feel like the river is where your issue was. I mean shoving river with a hand that has showdown value doesn't make that much sense.. since you are chasing away the hands that you have value against and only getting called by the hands that beat you.

omnom8

omnom8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
check/fold , easly fold top pair top kicker on flush and straight draws board blind vs blind.. i think my mistake when i posted results or we guys play diferent games.

omnom8

omnom8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
or you guys mean when you see that oponent have two pairs so it is insta fold ?
ahahah i agree but i dont have your maphack

Last edited:
MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
or you guys mean when you see that oponent have two pairs so it is insta fold ?
ahahah i agree but i dont have your maphack

no where in my reply did I say that Check/folding was a good river line.... I’m actually HIGHLY against Check/folding...

omnom8

omnom8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no where in my reply did I say that Check/folding was a good river line.... I’m actually HIGHLY against Check/folding...

)

after time i think check call better here because i dont block draws ( tons of them in this board ) so i can give him chance to bluff. but with blockers 60-78%+ bet or jam the river looks fine.

small bet as you say it is bad idei because oponent can overbluff you for such bet. but when 60-78% bet it is ok to bet/fold.

also without notes i dont expect to see much 7s on the river after such turn bet.he hadnt blockers for flush so his call looks better but i think he dont know what it means and it is just ul river for me.

mbrenneman0

mbrenneman0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel like you were betting for value each street until the river.... and then for some reason you overbet the river.. why? to turn your hand into a bluff?? why not continue betting for value on river if you felt like hand was best...

you have 140K left and your line went something like 1/4th pot, half pot, Over pot Jam.. when you could have bet something like 40k on the river and gotten paid by a lot of weaker Ace's some broad way hands that paired the K most 7's and pocket pairs. and some other outliers. If you get jammed on you still have 100K left and can lay down your one pair hand easy.

The only reason sizing up the turn bet is good is to specifically charge FD's but you're chasing away value from other hands.I'm fine with the turn bet I just feel like the river is where your issue was. I mean shoving river with a hand that has showdown value doesn't make that much sense.. since you are chasing away the hands that you have value against and only getting called by the hands that beat you.
100% +1

)
small bet as you say it is bad idei because oponent can overbluff you for such bet.
they can but they wont.especially if you have hands like AK A7 77 66 in your range that you bet the river with this sizing as well that you can snap call their raise with.

Sss888111

Sss888111

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No Limit Holdem Tournament
9 Players
Hand Conversion Powered by WeakTight Poker Hand History Converter
$9.80+$1.20
Stacks:
UTG (59k) 12bb
UTG+1 (78k) 16bb
MP1 (235k) 47bb
MP2 (91k) 18bb
MP3 (121k) 24bb
CO (69k) 14bb
BTN (121k) 24bb
SB Hero (193k) 39bb
BB (365k) 73bbBlinds: 2.5k/5k Ante 500
Pre-Flop: (12k, 9 players) Hero is SB A Q

7 folds, Hero raises to 13k, BB calls 7.5k

Flop: A 6 7 (30k, 2 players)
Hero bets 12k, BB calls 12k
Turn: 2 (53k, 2)
Hero bets 28k, BB calls 28k
River: K (109k, 2)
A Q
7 K
BB wins 389k (net +196k)
Hero lost 193k

In fact, I can't even read to the end, the mind would bet on the turn after two calls of strike, not the fact of course that he would be thrown off, depends on what stats he plays!

omnom8

omnom8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
they can but they wont.especially if you have hands like AK A7 77 66 in your range that you bet the river with this sizing as well that you can snap call their raise with.

you are right.

In fact, I can't even read to the end, the mind would bet on the turn after two calls of strike, not the fact of course that he would be thrown off, depends on what stats he plays!

dont understand you.

Last edited:
mbrenneman0

mbrenneman0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the key is never call a raise when you make a blocker bet. when you make a blocker bet, especially on the river, ALWAYS fold to the raise. the players youre playing against just dont have the guts to pull the trigger often enough on a bluff on the river. even if they know its the right play. technically its a thin value bet, but has the added benefit of blocking your opponent from raising larger with a lot of his medium strength hands that we beat which puts us to a tougher decision and can save us money if we were otherwise going to check call all in or just bet all in because now we're never going all in against the top of his range.

omnom8

omnom8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the players youre playing against just dont have the guts to pull the trigger often enough on a bluff on the river. even if they know its the right play

i need to make moves that my oponents can understand or i exploite myself.

i agree with you and memphis in a whole except some thoughts about extra value of jam. but yes i dont need to exploite myself.much more easy to play with blocker bet this hand on the river. thanks guys.

L

levidoff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On the river, the bet is bad, since hands will not be worse paid, and you will not be able to beat your hands. check on the river looks very strong. the opponent would also check the river. He has no point in a bet.

Flight777sem

Flight777sem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We all play different that’s sure, however i also think that the problem is about the river over bet. You don’t need that I’d even go for check call in that spot for pot control and also for some bluff catch