$11 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: is a good or lose fold ??

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it would have been a raise in the pre-flop, and on the flop I'd make 70% of the pot, tur would control it, the small had nothing to do in that situation if he hit any pair on the flop, turn he was shove himself. .

R

RUMACASTILLO

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you had a good amount of chips, and many outs, apparently he get two pair or maybe the J, paying was not a bad idea, even the fold wasnt, we never know.

E

Edson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Terrible preflop. Why You limp? You have big stack and You can steal blinds with that kind of hand. Bet on flop is ok, but about what You think when You betting turn? I don't understand...

DuffMcGruff

DuffMcGruff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop is a disaster. Never, ever ever, EVER open limp preflop. J8s is a prime bluff raise hand. It has a lot of equity and will play well against hands that want to call.

Flop is standard, great flop for us and it checks to us. Mandatory bet.

Turn I can see merits for a check or a bet, we now have top pair so a bet is good, but we now have some SDV with a weak Jack so a check can work here too.

I don’t think I can find a fold to this shove without a dead read. We just have way to much equity in this pot and Villain could easily be bluffing a flush draw. We have SDV with the Jack, and a draw an open ender plus some J and 8 outs.

Villain limping AA pre is pretty bad, unless you consider your open limp. Frankly if I have AA and there is an open limp in front of me, I’m more inclined to limp. I can almost guarantee that had you open raised, he would have 3Bet and allowed you to fold, or at least let you take a flop with a much more defined range for villain.

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
UGGG STOP!!!! this is an $11 game and youre limping hands. Put in a raise, I didnt see if you lost or won the hand but to me you lost this hand preflop and until you correct this stuff, youre never going to be able to range people and stuff. and youre handicapping yourself to the cards themselves. Do you really feel like youre wasting chips if you just made it 2xbb. I bet if you look at your database, you are probably losing massive amounts of chips to dumb 2 pair hands you let stay in the hand by limping pre.

The best is when players who limp get beat and then say I cant believe the BB played that. YOU LET HIM!!!! he already paid

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Limping here is awful for so many reasons. Do not use an open limping strategy outside the SB unless you 1) Know what you are doing and are balancing it. 2) Open limping parts of your range yields a higher EV than raising preflop with them (rare). I don't mind raising preflop here in a knockout tourney where you cover most people behind.

Bet larger on turn, this is a wet board. I go 7k. As played, it's a gross spot but I sigh and call it off.

W

wilywiles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the fold is the right play, but if you checked you would have had a free card. Especially on a board like that there are too many ways to be beat. Top pair with a bottom end straight draw is a marginal hand at best. Not only that but that bet screams bluff me. You fire out a 1/2 pot bet after the flop to less than a 1/4 pot bet on the turn, which means it was less than your first bet. Not a recommended play with the hand you had. If you had the KQ, that bet may be more favorable but not with J8. Best move here would be a checked turn for a free card. The bet after the flop makes sense. You have an open-ended straight-draw so the semi-bluff was sensible.

Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't limp preflop - it is a huge mistake - until you become a master and then introduce it back into your game is specific spots.
But good fold on the turn.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
preflop obviously you should raise as everybody said already.on the flop both checking and betting are fine, I lean towards checking, because you have way too many hands to bluff, like flush draws, 67, 78 and etc. Against big blind I think it's better to bet J8, but small blinds range here is stronger, this boards hits him well, so you shouldn't c-bet so often.

Anyway, you get call, turn is jack. Here it is easy check. You won't get called two more streets with worse hand and it will hurt you if you get raised as it happened here, because by folding you give up too much equity. Also, if you bet you should bet higher, because by betting this small you revealing your hand. Once he goes all-in you don't beat anything, and even his bluffs have great equity against your hand, so it's fold.

G

Grearix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not sure your call preflop was justified but you could get a free card on the turn, why do you bet 1/2 pot on the flop? You only have an open ended straight draw...

Folding in Poker