xrhstos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Both villains were tight but not many hands on them

I choose to bet big on the river, representing AK, QQ+

They could have floated with a lot of Qx on the flop but I don't see them calling river since I wouldn't value bet less than AQ there

pokerstars, $9.80 + $1.20 - Hold'em No Limit - 300/600 (60 ante) - 8 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

UTG: 10,967 (18 bb)
UTG+1: 62,082 (103 bb)
MP: 47,678 (79 bb)
MP+1 (Hero): 40,651 (68 bb)
CO: 42,245 (70 bb)
BU: 19,305 (32 bb)
SB: 43,536 (73 bb)
BB: 48,644 (81 bb)

Pre-Flop: (1,380) Hero is MP+1 with A 4
3 players fold, Hero raises to 1,350, CO calls 1,350, 2 players fold, BB calls 750

Flop: (4,830) T J 7 (3 players)
BB checks, Hero bets 2,700, CO calls 2,700, BB calls 2,700

Turn: (12,930) 6 (3 players)
BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks

River: (12,930) Q (3 players)
BB checks, Hero bets 10,800, 2 players fold

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you could creditably represent AQ here which shut down on turn think QQ would continue on this board so If it was me I wouldn't put you on that hand. This board smashes the continuing range of the CO. Once the river is a Q and you can creditably rep AK for the straight or top pair top kicker which could both play it this way. Like your river size putting 10x Jx in tough spots. Good you had some however small history on villans think you could get looked up occasionally by someone getting sticky with Jx but overall liked the way you played it

B

Brawo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On the flop you have nothing and make c-bet is no sense.
No draws even for semi - bluff. You have a lot of bigs in the stack and engaging here with marginal hand like A4s and loose soooo much chips is for fishes, forgive me but it is true.
You should play check - fold. In head's up c-bet would be sensible but in threeway where opponents have ready hands most of the time.

Ok you won the hand, but I don't like it, why you didin't continue bluff on the turn? You showed a weakness here.
Betting river is weird also for me, straight-draws and even two pairs never fold here, even jack can call your big bet which show weakness. I would call you here even with jack.

X

xrhstos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On the flop you have nothing and make c-bet is no sense.
No draws even for semi - bluff. You have a lot of bigs in the stack and engaging here with marginal hand like A4s and loose soooo much chips is for fishes, forgive me but it is true.
You should play check - fold. In head's up c-bet would be sensible but in threeway where opponents have ready hands most of the time.

I agree that the flop c-bet is not the greatest with our hand, but I believe we are c-betting our AJ and QQ+ so we have to also c-bet bluff some of our hands that miss, otherwise we play too much face up, A4s seems like a candidate for that.

Also nothing to be forgiven about stating your valid point of why I bet the flop.

Ok you won the hand, but I don't like it, why you didin't continue bluff on the turn? You showed a weakness here.
Betting river is weird also for me, straight-draws and even two pairs never fold here, even jack can call your big bet which show weakness. I would call you here even with jack.

The turn is a brick, so if villains are calling that flop with made hands and draws, they will most likely call the turn too, so to me I saw no reason to keep barreling.

As for the river if I was either of the villains, I personally wouldn't call with anything less than a two pair, but I wouldn't mind giving up either.

0815am

0815am

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn’t Cbet here. Almost no card on the turn improve your equity apart from an Ace which might be counterfeited. I just give up on the flop. Especially against 2ppl. I don’t mind the river though.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Standard open

Flop
I dont like your C-bet on the flop. 3-ways and monkey in the middle with a hand, that missed completely, this is just burning money in my opinion.

Turn
Definitely checking, when they both called, and I still have nothing.

River
Seem like a good spot to bluff. CO did not bet turn when checked to, and SB did not lead river, after turn got checked through. So it does not look like, either of them have a great hand. You can credibly represent AK, AQ and KQ, which was bluffing on the flop, gave up on the turn, and got there on the river.