1010 v AA preflop W/11BB near bubble

pocketelf0

pocketelf0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys so blinds are 2k/4k I have 44,000 he has 34k. I am UTG 2 and chip leader with 66 left. Top 34 pay 1st is $1000. Do you think this ship fit 11BB is wrong? I'm picking up 6000 from blinds and this tourney had no ante (don't ask why)

SBEP

SBEP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Anything can happen, u could hit 10 on the board and suckout on him, but u should have stayed away from that hand, he could have seriously cripple u, and left u to bleed out, with those blinds and just 10K left u have to shove pretty wide, and bust out b4 the money, so all in preflop in this case i think is a bad move, if u were short stacked or if i had more info on your opponent and his play, maybe its the right move, its 2 little info to tell u whats right or wrong here.

Lucothefish

Lucothefish

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chip leader with 11bb, this was a hyper?

Im never folding 99+, AQ+ from any position in a hyper. You gotta play fast and get lucky.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
snap shove, with your stack TT is very strong..

H

Halid68

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In this situations and possition i played same than you :)

TimovieMan

TimovieMan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not shoving TT with only 11BB is criminal. This is as standard as it can be. Especially near the bubble.

Running into a bigger pocket pair is just bad luck.

T

Toomin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can lay it down, but mathematically you shove.

T

touchmytallalla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is simply cooler i dont see here can be any other dessision. Simple shove with that stack.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good shove AND you should be shoving a lot wider than TT with that stack (even as the chip leader). sounds like it's not even the bubble. he said 66 remain and 34 are paid. there is a long ways to go, you are going to need more chips than you can get through just playing well. you are going to have to double up a few times. TT is as good of a hand as any to double up with.

B

BPEPFPDP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Shove TT pre, no doubt, this is like coin flip, but you was just unlucky facing AA.