$10 NLHE MTT Rebuy: ACR 10$ tourney hand review #1

MrDuke76

MrDuke76

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Played a tourney a while back and a hand stands out in my mind since it was the hand that busted me out. I want to review it and see what u guys think and see what I could’ve done differently to change the outcome. I think I know what I should’ve done but curious what others may have done differently.

Ok $10 tourney 12 min blinds currently at level 7 or 8 so still pretty early. I’m in BB with an below average stack. Starting stack 5K and I have about 8K after losing a hand (was at around 12k). Blinds were I think 125/250 or something. A loose passive player min raises to 500 from early position. Everyone folds to me in the BB and I call the min raise with J8s diamonds. Flop comes 10c4h2d. I check and player B checks behind. Turn comes 5d giving me a flush draw. I bet out a semi bluff of 700 and player B calls. River comes 7d giving me J high flush. I bet out around 1200 and player B immediately goes all in with him covering me. I think for about 4 seconds and call. Player B shows Q9d besting my J high flush with a Q high flush. Out of the tourney...

What I think I should’ve done was bet out on the flop about a 1/3 pot bet making him think I hit top pair possibly causing him to fold right then n there. If he would’ve called the flop bet (with nothing but 1 over and a back door flush draw) I would CB the turn applying max pressure on him maybe getting him to fold there as well. My bet on the turn was too low and an easy call for him allowing him to get to river cheaply.

What do u guys think???

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, you played the hand perfectly fine. The only thing, I might suggest, is to bet a little bit more on the river for value. You bet less than half pot, and that is rather on the small size, especially in a pot this small. Your analysis sound like results oriented thinking. Donk betting with absolutely nothing to avoid getting cooled later is not a good idea.

I guess, there is some argument for bet-folding the river, because you lose to most other flushes. But still you have a flush, and you only started with 30BB, so its completely fine to go broke here. The vast majority of your opponents will also go broke to you, when they have a J high flush, and you have something better, so in the long run this is just a wash.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands