$10 NLHE MTT Rebuy: $10$ NLHE MTT Rebuy: $10$ NLHE MTT Rebuy: DID I PLAY IT WRONG?

seeyouthru

seeyouthru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$10 NLHE MTT Rebuy: $10$ NLHE MTT Rebuy: $10$ NLHE MTT Rebuy: DID I PLAY IT WRONG?

SO EARLY IN MTT, BLINDS ARE 20/40
AND WE ARE 5 HANDED.
I HAVE 65 BB.
I PICK UP 78o ON BB.
VILLAIN WITH 60 BIGS STACK LIMPS FROM CO.
PLAYER FROM SB WITH SAME STACK MIN RAISES TO 80.
HERO CALLS FROM BB, SO DOES VILLAIN.
FLOP IS 7A7o.
SB CHECKS, HERO BETS 180 INTO(POT240).
CO CALLS, SB CALLS.
TURN K(NO FD).
SB CHECKS, HERO BETS 390 INTO(POT780).
CO CALLS, SB CALLS.
RIVER K.
SB CHECKS HERO SHOVES REMAINING 50 BLIND STACK!
CO CALLS SO DOES SB.
CO SHOWS K4, SB SHOWS AQs!
DID I PLAY IT WRONG PRE BY ONLY CALLING OR TOO SOFT ON FLOP OR TURN?

LJG23

LJG23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My first thought here is with being out of position you need to do a little pot control. You flopped a very strong hand and by leading out you are only going to run losing hands away and not give weaker hands a chance to bluff or value bet thinner than your holding. Check calling the flop then pounding the turn will probably be your best bet here to get max value and not lose the hand, but if K4 was playing he was playing. You're probably losing this hand anyway and there was nothing you could do except maybe check raise the flop but that runs AQ away most of the time and you make less. Just an unfortunate run out.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, both opponents are fish because the SB with AQ makes a mini-raise when it should have made a bigger raise (x3.5-x4) this causes the CO and you to call pre-flop, after saying this there is not much more what to say about the hand, up to the K on the river where I do not go all-in because without having information from any of the opponents I assume that one of the two called with Kq, KJ or simply Kx for how they behaved on the flop and turn

O

oreleo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think river check call is here.

Flight777sem

Flight777sem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You could stop firing on river. Showing 50 bb stack is huge and especially if you had 2 opponents, sometimes it might end like this in a bad way.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop: I 'm calling or raising 90% of my hands here. If I'm less confident in my post flop skills maybe 80-85% of hands get played but it's a pretty straightforward flatting spot with your hand.

Flop: I don't mind this donk bet, but you are either way ahead or way behind. if it was headsup I would advoate a smaller bet or a check call. but since it's 3 way it becomes more OK to play a little straightforward and bet a little bigger just hoping somebody has something. If you know the players are as loose/passive/chasey as they appear to be in this hand then I LOVE your bet and your size.

Turn: It's a good card. Ax will think they are safe and chopping now. your size is fine, but I might actually size up a bit just hoping somebody has an A. I might bet 67-75% pot again.

River: The King shouldn't really be a bad card. But I don't really love your bet because it puts too much pressure on Ax which is the hand we should be targeting for value. the pot is about 1,500 and you have about 2,000 left so I'd bet a size that Ax feels the need to call (it's not really about losing less to a random K it's about extracting max from Ax). I think in the normal games I play I would bet about 700-900 on this river.

now all that said....your bet DID get called by Ax. SO maybe you played it great and were just unlucky that Kx came along and that the runout was as bad as it was.

If you had any indication that these players are such calling stations and will call you so light for so many streets....then I would actually Bet pot on flop and bet pot on turn and jam river which would only bet about a 1/3 pot jam on river but you're just trying to keep them on the hook with their worse hands. You still lose the hand but that is not the point.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Guys, how are Rebuy different from MTT?