6 players - 7 entries
Average stack : 2,333k
Blind : 50 - 100

Utg limp (1,5k )
Utg+1 limp ( 2,7k )
Sb limp ( 2k )
Bb hero got 10 10 (2,6k )

Hero raise to 350

Utg +1 call , he is a maniac who play 90% hands, he's a friend of mine, chase all flush and straight without correct pot odds, hyper agressive.

Flop: 4s Ks Qh ~.900 in the pot

Hero bet 350
Villain quickly call

Turn: 10c ~. 1800

Hero bet 1000
Villain tank then go all in for 2 000 total.
Hero call 900

What do you guys think?

H

Haemophile

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you are behind to KK QQ AJ J9 because no raise pre i would put him on j9 also people love this hand for some reason and play it every time don't like the call at the end but would also have to make it because you are ahead of more hands than you are behind

bushy_lufc

bushy_lufc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well it is seriously short stacked so firstly:
Don't be raising to 3.5bb pre flop. Make it 200-250 or 2-2.5bb
Then don't bet on KQ4, you just said your friend is super sticky so it sounds like a really bad bet because you don't really achieve anything. You just put yourself into tough decisions. The bet on the flop is it a bluff or is it for value?
When you do get to this turn and you bet and he moves all in for not much more you should just be snap calling. QQ and KK are likely re raising pre flop and you have 20% against any straight if they do have one. You beat more than you lose to.

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Facing 3 limps in the BB with tens, I would just jam pre here and hope to get a loose call and we avoid playing OOP with a tricky hand. If I was going to make a normal iso-raise pre, I would go 400-500 in this spot since we are in the BB.

Check flop, we don't accomplish much by betting here against a calling station and don't want to build a pot OOP.

Turn I'm checking. You say villain is hyper aggressive so let him take control and spew off to you here when you turn a set. As played, this is a snap call to his shove given you are pot-committed and villain's wide range.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Facing 3 limps in the BB with tens, I would just jam pre here and hope to get a loose call and we avoid playing OOP with a tricky hand. If I was going to make a normal iso-raise pre, I would go 400-500 in this spot since we are in the BB.

Check flop, we don't accomplish much by betting here against a calling station and don't want to build a pot OOP.

Turn I'm checking. You say villain is hyper aggressive so let him take control and spew off to you here when you turn a set. As played, this is a snap call to his shove given you are pot-committed and villain's wide range.

trent32la nailed it!

I would keep it simple and just jam preflop here. we have 26bb and there's 3 limpers. its very unlikely that somebody limped with a hand better than TT, and yet TT is tricky to play postflop. yes somebody might call you with AK or AQ or even AJ but we can't be afraid of taking a flip with dead money in a relatively shallow tourney. Not to mention we should have at least some fold equity, and the limpers might all be sharing outs. these spots are just too +EV to pass up. If you have more chips like 30+bb then I would favor a raise, but you MUST raise much bigger with 3 limpers. generally a pot sized raise, or whatever your standard raise is +1bb for each limper. That would be a raise to 500 or 600 depending on how you calculate it. as you can see, raising to 600 off your 2600 stack is almost pot committing you so it's better to just jam and pick up the 300, or take a +EV flip.

As played, that is a terrible flop for us and you already described your villain as "sticky" so what can leading the flop hope to accomplish? I would check flop and hope to get a free turn. if he bets I would fold. Even check raise jamming this flop is better than leading out (traps all his bluffs for 1 bet)....although I think check raise jamming is a very crazy and unwise play.

When he calls your flop bet (which is small by the way, and kind of screams you have a weak hand) I'd be done with this hand except.....we bink the miracle card. there's no way we can ever fold once we turn a set. he can have KQ, AK, AQ, 44, AJ (yes, that beats us), J9 (yes that beats us) or basically any 2 spades, and a pair plus 2 spades makes a ton of sense. Qs9s or QsJs would make perfect sense. given all that you're beating right now, plus even when he's ahead you still have outs to a full house, and the pot is huge compared to what you have to call off....it's a pretty routine call.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you look at the pot odds....the pot contains 4,500 including villain's all in and it costs you 900 more to call (can't win that extra 100 from villain since he covers you). 4,500/900 is exactly 5:1. when getting 5:1 pot odds you need only 16.6% equity to call and be breakeven. Even if he has a straight right now you still have 23% equity to river a full house or better. You have much higher equity if he is ever doing this with 1 pair, 2 pair or a draw.

J

Jiraika

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay thanks for your answer, he had AJ btw.
I bet because he knows I play tight and know I hit something hère when I'm raising preflop.
I was afraid he bet if i check and fold the Best card.
I learn something thanks guys!

Organize a Home Poker Game Top 10 Games