$1 NLHE STT Bounty: Folded QQ preflop OTB. Good call?

T

Teranu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2nd level blinds in a 1$ sit & go of 9 with knockouts. My time to act:
http://imgur.com/a/oFY2g
I folded. I was afraid that one of the guys from middle position would call too and was too afraid to call the all-in. I was wright. The guy before the villain called for all-in showing AJo. The villain had TT. My QQ would have hold it, and win the pot, except i folded.

Was it a good move from me?
http://imgur.com/a/YRKQt

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For a $1 SNG, I'm overshoving QQ every time in this spot.

rikoberto

rikoberto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree also with overshove..Against a range of 99-JJ,KK+,AQs+,AQo+ that many villains will shove at that microSNG,your queens are ahead 58% vs 42%

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Shove all in as fast as you can. I don't think villain ever does this with KK+ so this is an even more clear reshove.

Gabinho12345

Gabinho12345

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Easy shove, you shouldn't be afraid.

B

bbiase

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Shove all in as fast as you can. I don't think villain ever does this with KK+ so this is an even more clear reshove.

+1, you still have the added value of the knockout/multiple knockouts, this alone offset the downside of rolling against KK+, AK. Dreamspot, really.

T

Teranu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting enough i found the same example in Collin Moshman's "Sit 'n Go Strategy: Expert Advice for Beating One-Table Poker Tournaments"

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 32
D

doodydota

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Interesting enough i found the same example in Collin Moshman's "Sit 'n Go Strategy: Expert Advice for Beating One-Table Poker Tournaments"

The 2nd Moshman example is ridiculous. QQ opens to 350 (or 3bets?) and folds to a 2k shove? In this example the BB has 20BB at most (in case the 350 was a 3bet by QQ). No way ranges are tight enough to warrant a fold.

T

Teranu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a Sit n go table of 10, first lvls of blinds. Moshman explains earlier in his book why shoving this early is a mistake; you practically get less value for your chips. Also the BB has 49BB here.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The 2nd Moshman example is ridiculous. QQ opens to 350 (or 3bets?) and folds to a 2k shove? In this example the BB has 20BB at most (in case the 350 was a 3bet by QQ). No way ranges are tight enough to warrant a fold.
You have to remember that 4-6 players at most STTs are multi-tabling, so their ranges are tight.
If the shove comes from a player that you know isn't multi-tabling, then you should be calling with QQ.

D

doodydota

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a Sit n go table of 10, first lvls of blinds. Moshman explains earlier in his book why shoving this early is a mistake; you practically get less value for your chips. Also the BB has 49BB here.

Ok. You don't see the blinds in the screenshot.

mbrenneman0

mbrenneman0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
clicking all in as fast as possible

MasterTur

MasterTur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2nd level blinds in a 1$ sit & go of 9 with knockouts. My time to act:
http://imgur.com/a/oFY2g
I folded. I was afraid that one of the guys from middle position would call too and was too afraid to call the all-in. I was wright. The guy before the villain called for all-in showing AJo. The villain had TT. My QQ would have hold it, and win the pot, except i folded.

Was it a good move from me?
http://imgur.com/a/YRKQt

On the micros I will never fold QQ pre-flop, even if i Had a shove before me.... You doesn't have to think, if the other guy give call...
You have to think, my range is too better than the one who shove, and even if I get call after my overshoving, in the most times you will be winning something like 70/30, and you had only 2 combination of hands that you are losing, AA and KK, what the odds?

SO ALL IN!!!

mcgregor_415

mcgregor_415

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's all in. I think you have very nice chances to avoid AA, KK. You are favorite in all the others hands. As mentioned above, on this level there are many guys who are shoving with far more weaker cards than monsters.

T

Teranu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After so many sit n go that i played, i realized calling all-in would be a good move. But the idea of a 3-way all-in, getting called with crap hands and losing early is making me fold. I've seen in my past couple of weeks some serious crap hands winning (i'm playing a lot of 1$ sit n go's). I know that in the long run i'm on the positive side, but to have a ROI of 10% after 100 games is not satisfying. So i avoid gambling early in the tournament, and widen my calling ranges against chip leader and shoving more against low stacks.

Folding in Poker