Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
Sitting at 5/10 btn is the chip leader who is opening wide

i thought KTs is going to fare well vs is wide btn range

but i was dominated

am i wrong to call?

should I just wait for a better spot, should have used my stack to open shove vs short stack rather than call light vs the chip leader

888Poker, $0.90 + $0.09 - Hold'em No Limit - 10,000/20,000 (2,000 ante) - 5 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

gole999 (UTG): 110,690 (6 bb)
jessssiee (CO): 291,934 (15 bb)
ChrisMBW (BU): 354,751 (18 bb)
ChantaleD (SB): 56,048 (3 bb)
beaggro (BB): 211,358 (11 bb)

Pre-Flop: (40,000) Hero (beaggro) is BB with T K
2 players fold, ChrisMBW (BU) raises to 352,751 (all-in), 1 fold, beaggro (BB) calls 189,358 (all-in)

Flop: (438,716) 3 9 A (2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: (438,716) 4 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: (438,716) 3 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: 438,716

Showdown:
ChrisMBW (BU) shows K Q (a pair of Threes - higher kicker)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 69%, Flop: 52%, Turn: 73%, River: 100%)

beaggro (BB) shows T K (a pair of Threes)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 31%, Flop: 48%, Turn: 27%, River: 0%)

ChrisMBW (BU) wins 438,716

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
gole999 (UTG): 110,690 (6 bb)
jessssiee (CO): 291,934 (15 bb)
ChrisMBW (BU): 354,751 (18 bb)
ChantaleD (SB): 56,048 (3 bb)
beaggro (BB): 211,358 (11 bb)
ONLY looking at the chip stacks this is an easy lay down. Hero is on the final table where the pay jumps are great AND has a middle stack! It is a disaster if Hero busts before the short stacks. :eek:

Chill out, wait for a better spot and let the chip leader who is opening wide put pressure on the short stacks. :)

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a fold for a few reasons. First there is a very short stack at the table that will be gone in all likelihood soon. We do not want to bust out before that player. Secondly, K10 is not a fantastic hand and if you are ahead you will not win all the times you are ahead. Yes you will not lose all the times you are behind either but villains range is not going to be 70% wide here if he is jamming. He is probably using top 35-40% of range to be jamming which you are ahead of but there is a lot of that range that is crushing you too. Thirdly, your call has no added equity other than showdown equity. If villain had raised only and you jammed then you could add fold equity but being the caller you have none. The only way you win is if your cards are good and that isnt good enough in a spot like this. Better to fold this hand, wait for the short stack to bust and then make some moves.

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I agree with guys. In this situation we should fold kts pre flop, because of two players who has very small stacks. With this two players who has small stacks I prefer call pre flop against chipleader only with some monster hands, something like JJ+, AK and maybe AQ off and suited. I prefer very tight game in situation like this. Chipleader seems to be good player because he press on smaller stacks. He will push his stack with many better hand than your, some Ax cards, Ax cards has about 60% against kts. I think you will have better situation to double up. GL :)

Last edited:
Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its already been said - with the short stacks hanging around its such a heart breaker for us to go broke here. If we were in 9th or 10th and this happened - then calling off here is totally fine - the chip leader is playing exactly how they should in this scenario - pressuring you and trying to bust the little guys. You can call a raise pre and get it all in with the nut flush draw on the flop for 20bb or less - but here, preflop, sigh-fold and move on

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also think, this is a fold. We have enough chips to hang around for at least another orbit, and its likely, that we will get a small payjump before then because of all the short stacks. Also KTs is not the greatest calling hand in the world. It is behind to all the crappy AX, which BTN is jamming as a semi-bluff, and of course to KQ/KJ and any pair. So while this is not a terrible call, I do think, we need something slightly better here. Maybe KQs would be a call or any decent AX. I am not using programs like ICMizer, but basically this is the kind of situation, they are for.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
King ten is so easily dominated, with 11 BBs you can wait for a better spot to see a flop cheap and play a pot in position. Or, at least be the one to jam the chips so there's some fold equity to use to your advantage.

Also, remove the results of the hand next time.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's been pretty much covered but one thing to keep in mind is, at the final table bubble (and final table), you want to avoid very close equity spots unless they're absolutely necessary.

in this case, k10s could very likely be ahead of their opening range, but it's going to be a very small lead, which just isn't worth busting on the bubble for, given your position. plus, as someone mentioned, you're only relying on showdown equity when you call. if you were 9/10, 10/10, or maybe even 8/10 when 8/9th position are so close, then i could see calling. but, being 5/10, with a player sitting on 3 bbs, this is an easy fold with k10s.

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello,

I think you made a good call. He just happened to be at the very top of his range. Two Broadway cards suited is a strong hand in this situation.

E

emzadii

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
KTs is a definite fold here, imho. If you give the 18bb button a relatively wide shoving range, KTs only has ~49% equity. And that's not factoring in ICM. Like others have mentioned, the presence of a 3bb short stack incentivizes a fold also.

The 15bb stack and 6bb stack to the left are exploitable with your 10bb remaining (again, with the 3bb stack lingering around). The chip leader (not by much) will likely not be messing around during the orbits when the 15bb stack is in the blinds.

Hands like KTs works far better as a shove than as a call to a shove in this situation of everybody being short. Absent of a shoving hand or a shoving situation, unfortunately you'll have to wait.