PokerPete

RIP Logic And Sanity
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ok...lets forget about results here....we'll get to that later...:eek:

Top 5 get paid, 6 left
My table image: anything to showdown I've won....except AK vs. AA with K on board early on. Very few PF raise hands. Most resulted with winning PF or on flop with C bet.

poker stars, $1.10 Buy-in (75/150 blinds, 15 ante) NL Hold'em Tourney, 6 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker
BB: 1,125 (7.5 bb)
UTG: 6,130 (40.9 bb)
MP: 2,320 (15.5 bb)
Hero (CO): 1,105 (7.4 bb)
BTN: 1,740 (11.6 bb)
SB: 2,580 (17.2 bb)
Pre-Flop: Hero is CO with :js4: :ks4:

Reads: At this point the SB & BB are both playing ultra tight. Waited for UTG and MP action they've been blind stealing and pressuring low stacks..

they both folded

Hero ?

Last edited:
Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
IMHO, AI here. BTN & SB should only be playing if they have AA/KK/AK and your target is the BB. Now if the BB has been reckless but lucky then I might lay this down expecting the BB to bust w/ poor play later. At this point w/ your stack it is all about getting ITM. You have 1st in advantage and with blind levels you have no play other than AI or fold.

odinscott

odinscott

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in these things on the bubble, fold that and let the donks fight it out

in the one dollar ones, shortys usually survive, because the two big stacks clash lol

so i might just sit out without actually showing that i am
if we do anything it has to be a shove

PokerPete

PokerPete

RIP Logic And Sanity
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in these things on the bubble, fold that and let the donks fight it out

in the one dollar ones, shortys usually survive, because the two big stacks clash lol
lol...been big stack and been there, done that!:eek:

IMHO, AI here. BTN & SB should only be playing if they have AA/KK/AK and your target is the BB. .... At this point w/ your stack it is all about getting ITM. You have 1st in advantage and with blind levels you have no play other than AI or fold.

so i might just sit out without actually showing that i am
if we do anything it has to be a shove

Thanks guys, that was exactly my thought process.... and had either of the two in front of me called, I pitch this into the muck without batting an eye.... I thought I saw an oppertunity to boost my stack a little and then start folding anything less than QQ on the button:) (a.k.a "sitting out without hitting the sitout button)

I've been on the don(k) end of quite a few of these lately being down to 6, mid size stack and extremely lucky sstacks that just hang on til I get very low M.... so I've been trying to be a bit more aggressive... couldn't see flat calling with this because I would expect btn/sb/bb shove that I would have to pitch this.... now for the rest.... this puzzled me and can anyone explain the actions of the button here? Is there some process behind what he does or is this an "I'm a real lucky donk" play?

========= hand continued =============

Hero raises to 1,090 and is all-in,
BTN raises to 1,725 and is all-in,

==================================
now I'm thinking "great, I just pushed into big pockets or AK/AQ
... no big deal, been doing that alot of late... variance... oh well"

========= hand continued =============
2 folds
Flop: (2,495) :6h4: :6d4: :7d4: (2 players, 2 are all-in)
Turn: (2,495) :4d4: (2 players, 2 are all-in)
River: (2,495) :Th: (2 players, 2 are all-in)
Results: 2,495 pot
Hero showed :js4: :ks4: (a pair of Sixes) and lost (-1,105 net)
BTN showed :7s4: :5d4: (two pairs, Sevens and Sixes)
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
and won 2,495 (1,390 net)
==================================

can anyone explain this play? Am I missing something from my game? I can't imagine ever making the play the btn did... now I could understand if the shove was something like 2.5BB, he's BB or SB with a short stacked BB and is big stack and looking for a threeway with two others being all in....

PokerPete

PokerPete

RIP Logic And Sanity
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
BTN has been watching DN too much on HSP and thinks connecting cards are the nuts :rolleyes:

lol.... omg.... at first I thought maybe he blew it and was trying to resteal, not realizing I was already all-in.... but then this very idea came across my mind too :eek: ... I was really, really hoping that there was some other logic behind it... something I had never heard of.... *sigh* just run of the mill low-level DoN(k)-ament play at it's worst:rolleyes: thanks for all your help

C

Cobryn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He re-raised to isolate you with 7 high. How can anyone explain that? I think you're around 62% there... who knows what he was thinking about (grinding rocks together to make sparks maybe?).