$1.50 NLHE STT Turbo: Think I played it well... CO v BU multi-limped pot

6bet

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Down to 7 of 9 in a turbo SNG. First and 3rd position limp in. Decided to limp behind on CO w/ KJs because they both had reshove stacks. Was hoping the button would fold behind (wouldn't bet on it looking at his stats). You can see the action in the replayer:

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/724yA4Yhr

Basically on the paired board I bet out hoping to fold out the BU specifically thinking I could take down the pot bluffing IP in a heads up pot on most run outs. Thoughts?

Any way he called behind. Planning to give up at this point but when he checks back the turn I don't think he's slowplaying an A very often, maybe a weak one. I think he's slowplaying an 8 even less often.

Still planning to give it up but I hit the K on the river. When he bets out feels like I'm only losing to a flush and thats a very small part of his range. But it also doesn't feel like he's bluffing this sizing much... what bluffs? Looking at the math and MDF this call looks ok but realistically feels like I should never call this hand here. What do you guys think?

K

ksandr010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well played. The only problem when playing with fish, they never fold flashdraw, so I place pot-sized bets so they don't get good pot odds

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
When MP folds, only BTN is left, who have more than 20BB. In that situation I would just open jam a hand like KJs. In that way you use your chip lead to put maximum pressure on everyone, and if it gets though, you pick up around 4,5 BB uncontested. I agree, that stacks are to shallow to for a more normal isolation size.

Flop
I dont like bluffing in a multiway pot with absolutely nothing, so my play here is to check and then fold, if BTN makes a substantial bet.

Turn
Since I did not like your flop bet, I obviously agree with checking and essentially giving up now.

River
You made a pair, and as played I guess, I am also going for the check-call, when he bet this small.

S

ssbn743

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Down to 7 of 9 in a turbo SNG. First and 3rd position limp in. Decided to limp behind on CO w/ KJs because they both had reshove stacks. Was hoping the button would fold behind (wouldn't bet on it looking at his stats). You can see the action in the replayer:

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/724yA4Yhr

Basically on the paired board I bet out hoping to fold out the BU specifically thinking I could take down the pot bluffing IP in a heads up pot on most run outs. Thoughts?

Any way he called behind. Planning to give up at this point but when he checks back the turn I don't think he's slowplaying an A very often, maybe a weak one. I think he's slowplaying an 8 even less often.

Still planning to give it up but I hit the K on the river. When he bets out feels like I'm only losing to a flush and thats a very small part of his range. But it also doesn't feel like he's bluffing this sizing much... what bluffs? Looking at the math and MDF this call looks ok but realistically feels like I should never call this hand here. What do you guys think?

Agree with fundiver199 on everything, including the river. This is one of those spots where we should never check/call. It's funny, there was actually a "Crush Live Poker" video just done on this subject within the last week:

Check it out - he explains, in detail why. much better than I can.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you can give consideration to raising to 3.5x here. I would not personally do it because both blinds could shove over and we have a hand that flops well but I dont think we should we totally discard the idea. With that being said I prefer the call behind as you did because as mentioned a jam by another puts us in fold mode and our hand does play well multi way.

On the flop, I disagree with others and believe your bet is fine. The limpers in front have already checked and they cant mess around with two hearts on the board. I think it is safe to say a huge majority of the time they have nothing here and will fold to a bet. When the button calls though you must put him on a range at that point. His logical range is Ax, a pocket pair, two hearts or an 8 (8 not likely but possible). When the turn comes you should be happy it is not a heart but should check as you did. You are behind too much of his flop calling range and you will most likely not get him to fold.

The river is a bad news card because it is a heart and sucks us in (although it shouldnt, it does). At this point you have to go back to your range you assigned villain after his flop call and most of it you are now losing to. You beat some random pocket pairs but the flush and Ax have you. I think this is enough to put us in check fold territory. You are just losing to too much and if he does have the cards that you beat (such as pocket 7s, 9s, etc.) he is checking behind with those a lot considering there is an ace and king on the board.

R

ramignis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
on the preflop, it is normal to equalize with KJs . but you made a bet on the flop in multipot for nothing you should have played a check. and there was a second mistake on river when I equalized his bet he doesn't have any bluffs here.