$1.50 NLHE STT Turbo: MTTSNG 45 players, final table

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This mttsng 45 players, final table, how often I need to call this shove ? villain seems like a very aggressive, so we can ignore the short stacks, call will be correct ?

PokerStars - $1.36+$0.14|400/800 Ante 50 NL - Holdem - 5 players

Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 8.93 BB (VPIP: 28.57, PFR: 7.69, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, hands: 15)
Hero (UTG): 25.84 BB
CO: 14.98 BB (VPIP: 12.12, PFR: 13.33, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 68)
BTN: 9.94 BB (VPIP: 16.67, PFR: 19.64, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 72)
SB: 24.68 BB (VPIP: 37.50, PFR: 28.57, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 16)

5 players post ante of 0.06 BB, SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.81 BB) Hero has K A

Hero raises to 2.11 BB, fold, fold, SB raises to 24.62 BB and is

all-in
, fold, fold I am nit here, so i am just fold :D

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold,in final table icm should be put into consideration.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm probably calling but not too happy about it. 5 are paid, right? so the "tight" period of the bubble has now passed and players tend to open up at this point.

You're not in too bad of shape against his general range here and are crushing a bigger part of his range than is crushing you. (let's say he does this with AJ+ and TT+) there are 32 combos of hands that you dominate and 12 combos of hands that dominate you and the rest you're flipping with. When you add in the dead money I think it's a crying call. AQ I reluctantly fold.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm probably calling but not too happy about it. 5 are paid, right? so the "tight" period of the bubble has now passed and players tend to open up at this point.

You're not in too bad of shape against his general range here and are crushing a bigger part of his range than is crushing you. (let's say he does this with AJ+ and TT+) there are 32 combos of hands that you dominate and 12 combos of hands that dominate you and the rest you're flipping with. When you add in the dead money I think it's a crying call. AQ I reluctantly fold.

7 are paid. (on Stars)

I think the question here is ICM based & how this affects our tourney equity (it's obviously +ev as far as cEV goes)... ie. we call & win vs. we call & lose... how much our chance of taking 1st increases if we win this hand

Might be able to find good spots/oppurtunities (less risk averse) to acquire chips on the table ('it depends') depending on how the other players on your table are playing

G

gklcap

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm probably calling in this spot

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
7 are paid. (on Stars)

I think the question here is ICM based & how this affects our tourney equity (it's obviously +ev as far as cEV goes)... ie. we call & win vs. we call & lose... how much our chance of taking 1st increases if we win this hand

Might be able to find good spots/oppurtunities (less risk averse) to acquire chips on the table ('it depends') depending on how the other players on your table are playing

yes, I understand what you are saying. there is definitely an ICM consideration. I would be interested to see the actual ICM calculation (but I don't have the software).

So for instance, I would fold AQ and small/medium pocket pairs here even though I think it is +cEV because of ICM. But AK, for me I think is just too strong to fold here. I might be wrong, I'm going based on my "gut ICM-ometer". Maybe WiZZiM will chime in and crunch the numbers for us?

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In regards to the ICM, it's going to be pretty bad for us here since we are equal chip leader, we're left with like 1 bb if we call and lose, so the ICM will overvalue that shortstack left. therefore you want to set both stacks to equal when you do the analysis as you are basically out of the tournament when you call and lose here.

You can punch the numbers into any ICM calculator to work out how good the raise/call is here, err towards the side of villian jamming a tighter range than you would expect him too and then if it's still profitable, you KNOW it's a great call.

So if we can come up with an approx range for villian here, ( he seems a little looser than average imo) then i can put the numbers into the ICM calc for you.