Total posts
Awards
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 50/24/7

pokerstars, $1.32 + $0.18 - Hold'em No Limit - 15/30 (4 ante) - 8 players

Villain (MP): 2,040 (68 bb)
Hermussss (MP+1): 4,027 (134 bb)

Pre-Flop: (77) Hero (Hermussss) is MP+1 with T T
1 fold, Limper (UTG+1) calls 30, Villain (MP) raises to 90, Hermussss (MP+1) calls 90, 5 players fold

Flop: (287) A T 4 (2 players)
Villain (MP) checks, Hermussss (MP+1) bets 180, Villain(MP) raises to 827, Hermussss (MP+1) calls 647

Turn: (1,941) 9 (2 players)
Villain(MP) bets 1,119 (all-in), Hermussss (MP+1) folds

Total pot: 1,941
Villain(MP) wins 1,941

Table dynamics:
-Everyone acting after me played very tight
-Villain plays very loose aggressive

Alright, was flopped a set but not sure what to do. Specifically I have 3 questions about the way I decided to play this hand:

1. Is flatting preflop with TT in general a good idea or is 3 betting a better line.
2. Is it correct to call the check raise on the flop here.
3. Is there value in going to showdown as a bluf catcher with bonus full house outs.

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
1. Even a bottom one - you were dealt a top 10 starting hand. It is perfect opportunity to kick a loose aggressive opponent, but maybe your idea was to set a trap - what is also a good move. But I would definitely 3bet there.

2. His raise on flop is out of logic in terms of the size of his stack. Just call or raise is OK for me. Most likely he is holding Ax.

3. I would definitely call his shove!

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1. I would be 3betting preflop here basically all the time, especially against someone described as loose aggressive pre. The hand just has so much value.

2. I would be calling the check raise. There are about a million combo draws he can have, and I think top set is more likely to cbet on a monotone board, so I don't expect to be beaten here very often. We are pretty deep and his bluffs tend to have a TON of equity (like two broadway cards with a flush draw), and he does have SOME nut flush combos that he check raises probably. So I like calling which lets him continue bluffing but doesn't put all the money in against flushes right here.

3. This is a really annoying spot. I think we probably just sigh call with the price we are getting, hoping he can occasionally have some weird bluffs here, and with the opportunity to boat up still the times when he has it. But I expect to be behind here quite often.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
1) Against this player I would have 3 bet him pre-flop. When you think of all the hands he could be opening here with there are many he could fold to your 3 bet.

2) What a flop, having a set here but possible be against a flush already stinks. In truth his bet is way to huge here so why would he be trying to push you off the hand. He could have the nut flush draw here or something like a top pair trying to get you to fold a smaller draw. I personally would have gone all in here since we have 8 outs on the turn and 11 outs on the river to hit our full house and we may be ahead right now if he is on the draw.

3) I would be sick to my stomach here. You don't quite have the pot odds to call here. I would no be happy but I would fold here as you did. You cant get him to fold and you only have a total bluff catcher here and our hopping you hit here.