$1.50 NLHE STT: Hyper Turbo SNG Bubble-AJ in the BB

G

gklcap

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
4 players remaining. Top 3 get paid. I'm 3rd in chips with 7BB and I'm dealt AJ in the BB. Shortstack is on my left with 5BB. Chipleader who has 10BB shoves from the BU,SB folds and I called. Was the play correct?

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think you can fold however I am not folding AJ 4 handed in a hyper turbo with 7BB left. Hope some more people chime in because I never play hyper turbo sng's so I am not an expert and would like to hear some answers from people who play those on a regular basis, although I think they might want to know more info b4 answering.

A

Alexandru24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Call. It's not a such a big stack difference betwen 5bb and 7. Maybe if the short stack had 1 blind and you had 7 and you need to cash this tournament you can fold there. But in this situation it's a great spot to double up. So it's not wrong to call there. If he had something like aq+ , any pocket pairs it's just unlucky in a 4 handed case. gl

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should call with A10+,correct move.

2pearAAKK

2pearAAKK

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4 handed AJ its call ..10bb is probly using stack to get most chips without a flip.

PokerFunKid

PokerFunKid

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure but its way closer then most people think. I think its a fold to make the most money in the long run.
The fact that he shoves makes your calling range much tigher. When you'd be in the small blind i'd shove AJ, but i'm not calling it off with AJ. Would be tempted and probably call off in a smaller buy in and go for the win. But thats wrong thinking. In general i think you should icm fold here to make the most money in the long run. Aren't there icm calculators that can see if its a call or not? Maybe someone have it and can check it, i wonder what the calling range should be here. Probably the other stacks are also important to know, the pay out structure etc.

Fishmasterbaiter

Fishmasterbaiter

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
should i stay or should i go?

Very tough call. If AJ is suited id probably call even though I know the odds of drawing the flush are pretty bad. I usually figure if someones pushing in blind then they have a medium pocket pair but thats just me. What was the outcome?

danndourado

danndourado

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You make a good move. A5s+ 4 handed in Hyperturbo is nuts! hahahaha

MoeJurphy

MoeJurphy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's very close even if chip leader is shoving as wide as 19% (77+ Axs A9o+ any broadway) of his range on the BU into the blinds your only getting something like 51% to 49%.

I think this is a fold on the bubble unless villian is shoving often on the BU into the blinds.

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pretty standard ICM fold with the shortstack getting the BB next.