$1.50 NLHE STT: Could you fold here?

L

LuisBoaC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only 10-20 hands in so no real read on villain and I snap-called with little thought. Later in the game I discovered villain had no fold button. Would anyone have played this differently in any way?

PokerStars, $1.29 + $0.21 - Hold'em No Limit - 15/30 (4 ante) - 9 players
Replay this hand on Upswing Poker
[FONT=Lato, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
Burlaka780 (UTG): 497 (17 bb)
loid16 (UTG+1): 1,360 (45 bb)
deniz savas (MP): 1,852 (62 bb)
TarSys79 (MP+1): 1,240 (41 bb)
Wallydog222 (LP): 1,300 (43 bb)
ASDARK (CO): 1,440 (48 bb)
Dennis184 (BU): 1,066 (36 bb)
EAS Capital (SB): 1,791 (60 bb)
luisboac (BB): 2,954 (98 bb)
[FONT=Lato, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
Pre-Flop: (81) Hero (luisboac) is BB with A A
2 players fold, deniz savas (MP) calls 30, 3 players fold, Dennis184 (BU) calls 30, 1 fold, luisboac (BB) raises to 150, deniz savas (MP) calls 120, Dennis184 (BU) calls 120
[FONT=Lato, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
Flop: (501) 4 3 K (3 players)
luisboac (BB) bets 360, deniz savas (MP) raises to 1,698 (all-in), Dennis184 (BU) folds, luisboac (BB) calls 1,338
[FONT=Lato, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
Turn: (3,897) 2 (2 players, 1 all-in)
[FONT=Lato, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
River: (3,897) Q (2 players, 1 all-in)
[FONT=Lato, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
Total pot: 3,897
[FONT=Lato, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
Showdown:
deniz savas (MP) shows K 4 (two pair, Kings and Fours)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 15%, Flop: 73%, Turn: 75%, River: 100%)
[FONT=Lato, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
luisboac (BB) shows A A (a pair of Aces)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 85%, Flop: 27%, Turn: 25%, River: 0%)
[FONT=Lato, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
deniz savas (MP) wins 3,897

lsbenn

lsbenn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would not fold here. Most likely I would have played it the same as you. Not much you can do when you players like this at your table, just hope they don't knock you out with their stupid play. In the long run you will have a better win rate than these type of players.
Good Luck

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How could he didnt have a fold button? And how do you know?:confused:

Donkeys gonna donk on you. I would put him either on AK, KQ, and I would take my chances with sets as an ace would give me the nuts. Aces are always tough to fold.

uriell

uriell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
An interesting distribution. With a pair of aces in this case it was necessary to make an olline. Denis Zavas was on bb on the flop appeared king. He decided that the king was older, and then there was also 4, which formed the second pair. Bad game with a pair of aces.

M

Maurits92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not much you can do here. Low odds he has a set, even less for 2 pair given the preflop game. Easy call for me

fhruhrhit

fhruhrhit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would not fold.
AA can win Kx(ex. AK, KQ, KJ,)

X

xbursonicx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm playing exclusively freerolls for now; in these tourneys I wouldn't fold. In a tourney with a buying and with no knowledge about the villain I'm not so sure: being that deep-stacked I could afford folding with intention to keep the villain in check.

villain had no fold button
If he is a calling station then that kind of aggression from him could only mean he hit a monster - that would've justified your fold if you were to make one.

W

weirdline

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find it hard to fold here in a $1.50 tournament.

alienat3d

alienat3d

easy-going alien grinder
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nothing you can do against bad luck. But still you could try to decrease the micro limits variety by raising bigger at early stages of tournament. I noticed, that many players on such limits have no idea about sizing and therefore no respect for x5 raise, which is ABC poker basically, but they are thinking "Hey, 150 chips is kinda cheap prize! What the hell, i have sexy hand K4s, i'll call and might be get lucky!" So absurd as it sounds, but that way are thinking many players on micro limits. If you raise it more, some weird hands like K4s would probably considering "now it getting too pricey", but good hands would call it anyway.

But you know, it's kind of shaky balance, if you got no information about players at your table, as it's the most common case at early phase of the tournament, there is no best solution to play. You know, if you raising too high, you could win just blinds with the best starting hand. But if you play ABC poker there can be too many callers, who think it's cheap to see the flop.
On the flop it pretty much looks like our aces are beat. If he had just a top pair on flop, why did he shove instead of raise, when it's still another player to act behind him? And even if the guy, who shoved, has just a top pair, there is still 3rd player, who could have a set or two pairs. 33, 44 and 34 are pretty much hands they would limp preflop with. The situation is really ugly and stacks are still deep comparing to pot. I think i could find a hero fold there and waiting for a better spot.

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think I could fold in this situation. Most likely, I would play as you did. It was just a bad luck. Your opponent could have any combo of Kx as well, i.e. just a pair of kings - of cause most likely he could do it with AK combos. It is not obvious for you he has two pair or a set. You know, in low buy-in tourneys and in freerolls, people go crazy. So it is even harder to lay down AA, especially on a flop like this. My answer is no, I wouldn't fold there.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
The other days I 3 bet with a strong hand OOP and an opponent flatted with K5s IP. I made my 3 bet relatively big because I know what I fave to encounter with the non-having-fold-button players. I need to study more I know!

Seems like your opponent took it to the next level of bingo , seriously what is he leading with here?This board is the most dry board you will ever see. Label him , note what he did and punish him the next time.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the short answer to your question is: NO, I wouldn't fold.

the longer answer is I think you can bet a little smaller on that very dry flop. now in the end it doesn't really change how this particular hand will play out but in the long run you're going to get much more value from your AA by choosing smaller Cbet sizings on dry boards (with your value and bluffs).

Imagine he doesn't have K4. Imagine he has 55-88. or A4, or 56s, If you bet something like 1/3 pot he is going to call probably 1 street on that flop and you don't really have too many draws to protect against. When you bet 70% pot you pretty much are only getting called by a pair of kings or better. so you are targeting a stronger range with your bet, and once called more of that range is beating you (compared to what the range looks like when your smaller Cbet gets called.)

Folding in Poker