$1.50 NLHE MTT Turbo: Is this a push ?

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not always sure with these not so strong Aces in this position, is this a push in this 45man turbo sng ?
Anyone know a good push fold chart for these format ?

pokerstars Hand #97014091236: Tournament #717727429, $1.36+$0.14 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level VIII (150/300) - 2013/04/11 15:04:37 ET
Table '717727429 2' 9-max Seat #5 is the button
Seat 1: geros6876 (2240 in chips)
Seat 2: Daniel72ko (2875 in chips)
Seat 3: misane999 (4488 in chips)
Seat 4: Yperionas (2005 in chips)
Seat 5: PrinceseKIKA (1580 in chips)
Seat 7: SerialBot (2753 in chips)
Seat 8: zaq13 (3082 in chips)
Seat 9: Raviøus (5280 in chips)
geros6876: posts the ante 25
Daniel72ko: posts the ante 25
misane999: posts the ante 25
Yperionas: posts the ante 25
PrinceseKIKA: posts the ante 25
SerialBot: posts the ante 25
zaq13: posts the ante 25
Raviøus: posts the ante 25
SerialBot: posts small blind 150
zaq13: posts big blind 300
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Daniel72ko [Ac 9d]
Raviøus: folds
geros6876: folds
Daniel72ko: :confused:

D

DrSparky

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll be honest and say I don't unequivocally know - but in the heat of the moment I'm shoving here as the blinds are about to hit.

What I don't like are the amount of people also short left to act ahead of us - I wonder in these cases whether it makes more sense to try and shove from late position when you know how many people are in the hand...?

Do you have any stats on the players left to act?

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's close, but no. Your shoving range should be something like pairs AJ+ ATs all suited broadway, KQ and maybe T9s

Rldetheflop

Rldetheflop

Head Ranger
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
close indeed. I think with 8 blinds effective I am going to have a hard time letting this hand go. Would help if I knew the blinds were about to go up or not before they hit us.

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You always can google push and fold charts.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah you this is deffo a fold, I think CO+ we can shove profitably here.

As johnny stated basically, although not sure about T9s.

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
T9s is close but will play better v a calling range than A9o. Haven't stoved it but I'm pretty confident of that.

Rldetheflop

Rldetheflop

Head Ranger
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
T9s is close but will play better v a calling range than A9o. Haven't stoved it but I'm pretty confident of that.

What kind of calling ranges are we assigning here? I know we aren't getting called by much worse although it is a 1.50 game and just the blinds/antes increase our stack by nearly 25%. Plus this is a turbo and very likely the blinds will be going up and will leave us with 5 effective blinds once they hit us and so if we do happen to double after that we are in basically the same position. Im not saying its a snap shove or anything but it is probably going to be our best spot.

S

smidjet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol to me its an always fold short of maybe being 2 or 3 handed im waiting for a much better spot than this even if its a folded to me 1 or 2 off the button with rags . but thats just me i hate ace rag out of position

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its not a push i love to make, but i fear i have to do it.
(And i did it. Ran into QQ. Ladies hold, i bust.)

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Calling range is generally big aces and pairs. Maybe some KQ type hands but not too often. I don't hate a shove but I don't think it's +EV.

D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Calling range is generally big aces and pairs. Maybe some KQ type hands but not too often. I don't hate a shove but I don't think it's +EV.
I

In a 1.50 45 man? Calling range is deff wider than big aces and pairs.

Rldetheflop

Rldetheflop

Head Ranger
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Yea for sure not +EV I don't think but at this stage I am not sure there is a lot of +EV going on I think we are more likely looking for the least -EV play

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
chart I have says A9s+

T

Thorne3333

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmm, I think you have to fold the hand, maybe only this is a call. On the button I would raise the hand of course.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If antes were in play I jam.
I was taking antes into consideration (on chart I have) & it says:
66+, AT+, A9s+

w/o antes > 77+, AJ+

(got the chart from 'Glitlr')

H

Henreiman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With antes it's an easy shove. Even without, because it's a turbo, I shove. That 450 is huge to your stack and even more so when blinds jump to 200/400. No antes and non-turbo I fold.

mauikisi

mauikisi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's a jam because in a $1.5 tourney you won't get much fold equity with 7bb left in next round (you have to make a move there, you can't blind out again), so as it isn't a sure thing that you will find a better spot later I think that shoving there is a good option.

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's a jam because in a $1.5 tourney you won't get much fold equity with 7bb left in next round (you have to make a move there, you can't blind out again), so as it isn't a sure thing that you will find a better spot later I think that shoving there is a good option.

You are a good addition for this section, normally I read a lot of BS comments on here from 'new' members (I see you were here before me on CC, but you never have post often) I really hope you will do this more often now.

With your way of thinking about poker, CC games must be an easy way to get some extra money imo , also really hope I will see you there to raise the level of play in these.

mauikisi

mauikisi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are a good addition for this section, normally I read a lot of BS comments on here from 'new' members (I see you were here before me on CC, but you never have post often) I really hope you will do this more often now.

With your way of thinking about poker, CC games must be an easy way to get some extra money imo , also really hope I will see you there to raise the level of play in these.

Thanks for your comment, I really appreciate it.

That's right, I never posted often before (one of the main reasons is that I quited playing poker for a while), but now that I'm back I'm trying to make some time and try to be useful in this type of threads (of course I may be wrong in some analysis).

I'm currently only playing in the Carbon $5.5 Buy-In $100 added game, hopefully I'll get to play more games and see you at the tables.

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
GL , if playing the Carbon CC, maybe I'll jump in todays one.

And welcome back at the pokertables, hope you are doing well now or in the future GL again!

And yes we all make errors sometimes, but that's why these strategy sections are great and we can learn from eachother.