$1.10 NLHE STT: DoN: very short in SB with 77 on bubble. BB also very short. Big stack limps. Shove?

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
$1.10 NLHE STT: DoN: very short in SB with 77 on bubble. BB also very short. Big stack limps. Shove?

Blinds and antes are $40/200/400.

UTG ($5033) limps in.

Folds around to Hero ($525) in SB with 77.

BB ($860) is a fairly tight reg.

After posting blinds, Hero has $285 remaining, BB has $420 remaining. Big stack has also been somewhat tight, built up stack in later stages by raising several times with no callers and getting walks in the BB, also checked BB several times and bet into limpers on flop and got folds.

Would you get it in here? Big stack limping in early position often means a big pair inducing a shove, at the same time Hero is out of gas.

If Hero folds here and the BB manages to double up on this hand, that's pretty much the end of the game.

If the BB sees a flop and check-folds, and it goes on to the next hand, he will have $180 after posting the blind and ante, Hero will have $245. If, and it's a big if, the other short stack folds the SB then he will be the shortest stack on the button.

I usually don't get this short in these but the villain on my right kept shoving when I was in the BB and all I had was junk like 62 or J3, on top of being extremely card dead. I think the presence of the other short stack makes this situation kind of tricky, if the BB had say 1000 chips after posting then this is an automatic shove with 77 knowing we're going to get called and hoping to stay in the game.

Your opinions appreciated...would you fold and see if the BB gets himself busted out on this hand or the next, or shove here and hope for the best?

Last edited:
T

Tgen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dude you have 1bb , just push this. You should also push much earlier than this.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't understand what format or game type this is. Unless you have left some stacks out i have no clue. Please post exact number of players, payout spots like with three players it doens't make sense that it's a DON.

B

bnasp2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I suppose its 4 seat DoN.

As you describe BB as tight reg, then I would say he will double of fold (never put any more chips with anything less then 2 pairs).
Even if big stack has monster, he is likely to loose against 2 pairs. Stay with less then 1BB and hope reg will hit 2 pairs against set is? What are the odds?

So shove 77 and hope for best. That big stack limping can be any Ax and any pair, you have decent equity against such range.

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
dude you have 1bb , just push this. You should also push much earlier than this.

Agreed, on nearly every hand somebody beat me to it though.

I don't understand what format or game type this is. Unless you have left some stacks out i have no clue. Please post exact number of players, payout spots like with three players it doens't make sense that it's a DON.

Sorry, this was a 10-man DoN with 6 remaining, 5 paid.

I suppose its 4 seat DoN.

As you describe BB as tight reg, then I would say he will double of fold (never put any more chips with anything less then 2 pairs).
Even if big stack has monster, he is likely to loose against 2 pairs. Stay with less then 1BB and hope reg will hit 2 pairs against set is? What are the odds?

So shove 77 and hope for best. That big stack limping can be any Ax and any pair, you have decent equity against such range.

Thanks guys, it seems really obvious in hindsight the next morning that GII here is the only option.

A

afsalagoas

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion the only way to fold if the big stack that BB or already have another player on another player allin x.

R

rocksolid124

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, if there were someone shorter than you, it MIGHT be technically mathematically correct to fold here (like if someone had 50 chips and was next in the blinds, it probably is even correct to fold AA on the bubble of a DON), but in your spot, with you being the short stack, 77 is a must jam.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When villain limp , its nit game and we can easy shove this hand, because we have no choice , we can shove around 60% range here...

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
In my opinion the only way to fold if the big stack that BB or already have another player on another player allin x.

Yeah, if there were someone shorter than you, it MIGHT be technically mathematically correct to fold here (like if someone had 50 chips and was next in the blinds, it probably is even correct to fold AA on the bubble of a DON), but in your spot, with you being the short stack, 77 is a must jam.

When villain limp , its nit game and we can easy shove this hand, because we have no choice , we can shove around 60% range here...

Thanks for the help guys, I did shove here and the big stack called with A2s and didn't improve, so I wound up cashing. I was really leery because that was the first time I had seen him open-limp during the whole game so I was thinking he had QQ+ or AK but not this time.

I think I give people way too much credit in these games sometimes, the other night I watched 3 big stacks get it all in pre on the bubble of a DoN when there was somebody sitting there with 2BB.....:bird: