$1.10 NLHE MTT Turbo: AKsvs 77 hand. bluff three barreled

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wonder what you think of that move? And what opinion about the villain's call?
I put the villain right in the par of 77 and I thought he was loose on the flop I bet over pot to prepare the turn to put the villain in allin

pokerstars, $0.98 + $0.12 - Hold'em No Limit - 50/100 (12 ante) - 9 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

Michel_ac7 (UTG): 9,600 (96 bb)
Elbrie69 (UTG+1): 10,009 (100 bb)
kao@yien (MP): 17,377 (174 bb)
Thd_Angelo (MP+1): 3,857 (39 bb)
yilmaz1012 (LP): 3,590 (36 bb)
MnsJunior (CO): 5,609 (56 bb)
1Milhão$emNada (BU): 15,262 (153 bb)
berebh (SB): 4,924 (49 bb)
KcirEA&B (BB): 4,842 (48 bb)

Pre-Flop: (258) Hero (1Milhão$emNada) is BTN with K A
Michel_ac7 (UTG) raises to 200, 5 players fold, 1Milhão$emNada (BU) 3-bets to 858, 2 players fold, Michel_ac7 (UTG) calls 658

Flop: (1,974) 6 8 4 (2 players)
Michel_ac7 (UTG) checks, 1Milhão$emNada (BU) bets 2,468, Michel_ac7 (UTG) calls 2,468

Turn: (6,910) 9 (2 players)
Michel_ac7 (UTG) checks, 1Milhão$emNada (BU) bets 8,638, Michel_ac7 (UTG) calls 6,262 (all-in)

River: (19,434) Q (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: 19,434

Showdown:
1Milhão$emNada (BU) shows K A (high card, Ace)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 48%, Flop: 20%, Turn: 14%, River: 0%)

Michel_ac7 (UTG) shows 7 7 (a pair of Sevens)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 53%, Flop: 80%, Turn: 86%, River: 100%)

Michel_ac7 (UTG) wins 19,434

M

moshie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you think he puys you on pre flop range? ak aq any pair.He is never letting go. Even on the turn. Ifyou have AK hearts he is still a favorie over you with 1 card to go?

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I think that pre flop 3bet from hero is good, I play very similar size. Hero made a very risky bluff. It seems that opponent had some reads on hero. Hero played this hand like he would have strong pocket pair like JJ+. I don't like bluffing with only two over cards. On the turn came up good card for opponent and weaker players on micro limit usually don't give up open ended straight draw. If I were opponent I probably give up pocket 77 on that flop to this big bet. If I were hero I would play this hand a little differently. I prefer bets on the flop and on the turn for about 50%. I don't want to risk too many chips with two over cards. On the river came up good card for hero. So on the river I would wonder third bet, because strong queen is in hero's range. Gl :)

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't mind the pre flop raise although I would probably go smaller than 4.5X. I really dont think calling here is terrible either as it pot controls and as long as the blinds don't 3 bet we have a hand that flops well and plays multi way just fine (would not be singing this tune if you werent suited, when not suited you should be raising).

On the flop here we make a large bet (an overbet which does not make sense to me in this spot) which then gets called. That call should be telling you a lot. In a 3 bet pot players float way less especially when out of position and they will usually play fit or fold. When he calls villain is telling us they have a pair of some sort or at worst some draw. I think your bet sizing should be way less here as well here for that reason. He is folding a lot here and only calling when we are behind. I think 40% pot bet should be enough.

On the turn, I dont mind another bet if you had bet smaller on the flop but here after villain has called a 3 bet pre and calls an overbet on the flop bet I think you need to shut it down and take the free river. I just don't see him folding his range that he called pre and flop with.

A

atcj13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't mind the pre flop raise although I would probably go smaller than 4.5X. I really dont think calling here is terrible either as it pot controls and as long as the blinds don't 3 bet we have a hand that flops well and plays multi way just fine (would not be singing this tune if you werent suited, when not suited you should be raising).

On the flop here we make a large bet (an overbet which does not make sense to me in this spot) which then gets called. That call should be telling you a lot. In a 3 bet pot players float way less especially when out of position and they will usually play fit or fold. When he calls villain is telling us they have a pair of some sort or at worst some draw. I think your bet sizing should be way less here as well here for that reason. He is folding a lot here and only calling when we are behind. I think 40% pot bet should be enough.

On the turn, I dont mind another bet if you had bet smaller on the flop but here after villain has called a 3 bet pre and calls an overbet on the flop bet I think you need to shut it down and take the free river. I just don't see him folding his range that he called pre and flop with.

Unless the opponent is a complete station, how many draws aren't getting it in on the flop though with this bet sizing? I think made hands make up his entire range here. I agree with checking the turn as played. Pretty much every hand in his range that isn't JJ+, 55 or 65 now has a set or picks up additional outs. Plus by checking we could potentially put him in a tough spot on the river if we bluff on a J, Q or heart.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
Preflop: should 3bet 3x.

Flop: this flop is good for villain, so you either should bet small, or bet with little frequency. I prefer to bet with 33% sizing, in which case you can bluff with AKs. If you bet with large sizing, like 66%, then AK is not a good bluff. You should be bluffing with hands like 7x, 5x, T9, JT, flush draws, back door flush and straight draws. As you see you have a lot of better bluffs than your AK. Overbet doesn't make sense at all.

Turn: Once villain calls, put villain on pair+draw, overpairs and sets. Villain doesn't need to check raise sets when you bet so big on the flop, because villain knows he can get it in later anyway. Against that range you have almost no fold equity, since you priced out all pure draws on the flop, and you don't have many outs. You might be drawing dead once called. For these reasons it's check and give up.

Overall, played terribly all the way and you deserved to lose your stack. I advise you to quit poker, because it's clearly not your thing.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is just suuuuper spazzy. I don't know what our intentions are after we get called on such a flop after we overbet pot. We are simply asking our opponent to play perfectly and call us with better and fold worse.

The 3bet sizing is way too big pre flop. There is no need to go like 4.2x in position here. I think a sizing of 660-700 is plenty large enough and will get the job done. When we go bigger in general we force villains to narrow their ranges and only call us with some of their strongest combos rather than leaving in tons of hands we beat.

When the flop comes down if we do decide to cbet, and I think we should - our sizing should be larger but nothing over the top. I think a 60%‐75% bet here gets air to fold, flush and straight draws,, worse Ax that might float one, and maaaaybe even some smaller pairs. When we overbet here we are forcing our villan to have a hand when they call us and folding out all of the hands we are already ahead of anyhow - thus our villa gets to play us perfectly.

The turn makes the board even MORE coordinated and whatever our opponent called flop with has likely either not changed in equity very much -- or it has picked up additional equity. That said - again when we overbet here, we are FORCING our opponents to have a hand when they call.

In short, this whole hand is just off rails and there is no justification for the actions taken - you are going to get stacked when you take lines like this - especially by good players. The betting lines you used make no sense - i doubt you would play an overpair this way (TT+) and if you do - you are losing serious value by betting ridiculously large for no reason.

Conclusion - 3b is fine, size down to about 3.25-3.5x - cbet flop larger than half pot but nothing ridiculously big - when called, we need to shut down...don't spaz off on boards where you have NO equity and villans are calling you - most $1 game villans are extremely honest and will give you chips later in the game anyhow, no need to go full blown insane and try to bluff away your stack.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands